Oh crapwad

Practice continued without another problem. At least ours did the boys not so much, I looked over to see them all fighting with Sheryl standing and screaming. I quickly grabbed her and asked for her help because some cheerleaders were slacking off. All too soon it was dinner time and I was nervous. Did Julius mean what he said? That's when I overheard his conversation with Gerry:

Bertier: Listen, I'm Gerry, you're Julius. Let's just get some particulars and get this over with.

Julius: Particulars? Man, no matter what I tell you, you ain't neva gonna know nothing about me.

Bertier: Listen, I ain't running any more of these three-a-days--

Julius: Well, what I got to say you really don't wanna hear 'cuz honesty ain't too high upon your people priority list.

Bertier: Honesty? You want honesty? Honestly, I think you're nothing. Nothing but a pure waste of God-given talent. You don't listen to nobody man. Not even Doc or Boone. Shiver push on the line everytime and you blow right past 'em. Push 'em, pull 'em. do something. You can't run over everyone in this league and everytime you do you leave one of your teammates hanging out to dry, me in particular!

"Julius: Why should I give a hoot about you? Huh? Or anyone else out there? You wanna talk about a waste, you the captain, right?

Bertier: Right.

Julius: Captian's supposed to be the leader, right?

Bertier: Right.

Julius: You got a job?

Bertier: I got a job.

Julius: You been doing your job?

Bertier: I been doing my job.

Julius: Then why don't you tell your white buddies to block for Rev better because they have not blocked for him worth a plug nickel, and you know it! Nobody plays. Yourself included. I'm supposed to wear myself out for the team? What team? Nah, nah what I'm gonna do is look out for myself and I'ma get mine.

Bertier: See man, thats the worst attitude I eva heard.

Julius: Attitude reflects leadership, captain."

Hearing that made me lose all nerve so I ran to catch up with Emily. "You like him....." she sang. "No I don't... besides he wouldn't date a 'cracker' its common sense," I said more trying to convince myself than her. "Whatever" A t moment she all of the sudden started giggling uncontrollably and I knew who was approaching, Alan, too bad Ray was with him. And then it was like magic the happy couple disappeared leaving me with Ray.

"Hey, I saw you talking to that monster over there," he nodded his head toward Julius who happened to look up, see me who I was with, scowled, and then walked away. "I just wanted you to know that I'm here for you if you need it." Nicely put, I was done!

"I don't know what you are talking about, because there's only one monster and I'm looking at him." I left him there with his mouth wide open and ran to the mess hall. I took my usual seat with Dawn and Emily. Julius walked past and for a second it looked like he was gonna say something too bad the devil took the seat next to me.

"Ray, take a hint. I don't like you."

"Please we both know you want me, but don't worry, you just take your time Baby."

I was pissed, so pissed that I took the soup we were having and dumped it on his head.

"Ray for once, in your pathetic little life TAKE A HINT! I don't like you, I am never going to like you and if I see you near me or one of my girls, I will personally make sure you'll barely be able to walk let alone play football."

After I yelled that I went to the one table I knew Ray wouldn't come to, Julius's. I sat down next to Louie and started talking to him and Rev and Emily and Dawn came over too. The boys quickly made room for us and Dawn sat down next to Rev and held his hand. I looked at her and raised my eyebrows, laughing. Then I looked away from her and made eye contact Julius, we awkwardly held this contact for a few moments before anything was said. "Hey, Liz." My heart skipped a beat. "Hi" By this point most everybody at the table was looking at us because that in their eyes was one of the first times Julius spoke to a 'cracker' in a civilized tone; too bad it didn't last long.

"Boys, practice now!!" screamed Coach Boone and soon the cheerleaders were left.

"What just happened?"

"Did you see that?"

"Liz what aren't you telling me??" asked Dawn

"Hey, to you it's Lizzie," I said while smirking and heading to bed.

qQ!�i>�s