Vanilla One-Shot

VANILLA ONE-SHOT COMP🍦

Daniel's P.O.V

I stood in the doorway of my bedroom looking at everything in it trying to become familiar with it once again. I had gotten used to my small dorm room over the past nine months and it felt a little weird to be back home. My mother had sent me off to boarding school with barely any choice on my part. She claimed that because I looked up to my father so much and he went to boarding school at my age, that I would love it. I was still trying to decide if she had been right. I mean there were good moments and I had enjoyed myself at times... But it was nine months away from everything... and everyone.

I set down my suitcases on my bed and began to unpack making my room look more like my room. I hung up my posters and put books back on my shelf. I stopped for a moment and found myself looking out the window. There was hardly anything going on outside, but I guess that was Walden for you. My boarding school was in London and I know that Flo would be extremely jealous and hot headed about the fact that I had been in London, reversing our roles.

Flo.

Nine months.

I hadn't seen Flo for nine months.

I realised how much time that had seemed at the beginning of the school year. I had been absolutely infuriated with my mother for making me leave but now that I was back I missed it. And now I couldn't decide where I'd rather be. That was eating away at me because it defined the next school year. Where I was going to go and how much I would like it.

"DANNIELLLLLLL" I was torn from my thoughts by my sister screaming my name at the top of her lungs.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT" I yelled back in annoyance.

"YOUR SHIFT AT THE SHOP STARTS IN TWENTY" she told me unnecessarily loud.

I groaned and pulled on a pair of sneakers and running down the stairs.

"Bye guys I'll be back tonight!" I shouted over my shoulder as I left the house." I started my walk to the family owned ice cream shop feeling the hot sun beating down on me. Maybe jeans hadn't been the best choice.

When I reached the small building I walked in the back way and put on an apron before heading to the front.

My shift felt like it was taking years and I had messed up two people's orders. I really needed to get back in the groove of things. At 6 the store was set to close so I put up the closed sign and started to clean up.

"Think you could fix me up a scoop of vanilla?" A voice behind me asked. I nearly jumped out of my skin.

"Geez Flo! You scared me half to death!" I yelped whipping around. She grinned at me from the other side of the counter. I sighed and set down the rag I was using to clean. I grabbed a cone and placed a large scoop of vanilla Ice cream in it before handing it to the pretty girl over the counter. I followed suit by jumping over and landing next to her.

"Wanna go on a walk?" I asked

She nodded and followed me outside. We started to wander around aimlessly, enjoying the warmth of the sun and the quiet bustling around of tourists and children.

"I missed you" she muttered softly I looked at her in surprise. Not that I didn't think she would miss me I just didn't think she'd admit it before I did.

"I missed you too" I replied intertwining out fingers.

"In the future nine months is too long" she said cracking a smile. I let out a quiet laugh. I stopped on the path we were walking on and turned towards her.

"I'll keep that in mind" I whispered before leaning closer to her and pressing my lips to hers. Her lips tasted like the vanilla cone she had finished a few minutes ago. I found myself smiling against our kiss as the answer to my question presented itself to me.

I would definitely rather be in Walden.