JungYeon

Jungyeon is her stage name while she was one of the few members who were shortlisted from the reality show Sixteen to become part of the new girl group.

She is the 3rd main singer and one of the rappers of the group; she was announced as part of TWICE by her older sister, the actress Gong Seung Yeon.

Her position in the group is of the lead rapper, vocalist as well as the lead dancer while she also appeared in the music video of Miss A's "Only You" and GOT7's "Girls Girls Girls".

Jungyeon passed the 6th Open Audition successfully and joined JYP Entertainment in March 2010. She was supposed to debut as a part of 6mis girl band; however, the debut was cancelled.

Fortunately, she debuted as a member of Twice together with eight other talented girls and achieved success.

Jeong Yeon is the peace keeper of the group and quite the pacifist; she enjoys doing laid back things like watching movies or cooking, and others always turn to her when they need to talk about things.

She was also a target of netizens, but in a really nice way – she said that she believes she is the least pretty member of TWICE, when netizens turned to her and tried to convince her that she is extremely beautiful and that she should think better of herself.

Fans are really nice to her, and so she returns the favor by being nice to them, giving pictures and autographs at all the fan meetings; she is really a nice and charming girl, which seems to be the image of TWICE.

bio

Birth Name: Yoo Jung Yeon
Birth Date: 1st November, 1996
Height: 169cm
Weight: 50 Kg
Nationality: Korean
Blood Type: O
Hobbies: Watching "Muk Bang" Videos
Star sign: Scorpio
Specialties: singing and dancing
Position: 3rd vocalist, rapper and dancer.

Quick Facts

1. Jungyeon was born in Suwon, South Korea.
2. She appeared in miss A's "Only You" and GOT7's "Girls Girls Girls" music videos.
3. Her sister is an actress.
4. Jungyeon took part in the reality show "Sixteen".
5. All her family is related to the Entertainment industry.
6. Her father owns a restaurant.
7. Her role model is the singer Jessie J.
8. Other members say that she is the peace keeper of the group.
9. She loves spicy food.
10. She is a member of the variety/reality show "Law of the jungle".
11. Her older sister is the actress Gong Seung Yeon.
12. She loves playing games on her smartphone.
13. She likes to imitate others.
14. Her favorite piece of clothing are jeans.
15. Her favorite item to always have on her is a hair straightener.