|On the 9th Day of Christmas Santa Gave to Me... 9 Unsaid Feelings|

12/21/15

Louis wakes up alone today, but this time he knows why. The girls are finally on their own winter holiday and after dinner last night; Mark suggested taking them to the ice rink. Harry had said he would love to come along, but Louis decided he'd take the day for himself, let Harry have some alone time with his family.

He gets out of bed far past noon and ends up in the kitchen. He's pouring himself a cuppa when he hears a voice behind him.

"Looks like you finally decided to get out of bed." Louis turns around to see his mother at the kitchen island.

"Mum, what are you doing here? I thought you were going out with the rest of the family?"

"Well I knew you were staying home, and I wanted to talk. We haven't talked properly in ages." Louis feels uneasy about this talk. He wonders if maybe his mum has figured it out. Maybe she knows that Harry isn't really his boyfriend even though he really wishes he was.

"Okay and what exactly are we talking about?" Louis asks, as he stirs in a small amount of sugar to his Yorkshire tea.

"Well I wanted to talk about Harry." Those words made Louis hold his breath. "He seems to be making you really happy."

"Yeah well he's got this wave around him that makes everyone happy."

"I've noticed." Louis takes a seat in front of his mother wondering what it is she wants to know.

"How do you feel about Harry?" He questions.

"He's wonderful. I adore him just as much as you do... I was wondering something last night." She finally says and Louis knows that this conversation is about to get deep.

"What?"

"I was wondering, do you love him?" Louis swears he stops breathing. Love. Does he love Harry? He does feel strongly for him, but he's not sure if he can call it love yet.

"Well I don't know mother, I mean we've only been dating for a few months." More like a few days, and not even that seeing as they haven't talked about what they are. "How can I know if I love him?"

"Well how does he make you feel?" How does Harry make him feel? There are so many things Harry makes him feel.

"Well he makes me feel a lot of things. He makes me feel happy when he tells me how much he loves spending time with me. He makes me feel silly when I tell him stupid stories when I was a kid. He makes me feel embarrassed when he compliments me. He makes me feel annoyed when he won't stop with his lame puns. He makes me feel sad when he tells me about his family and how he wishes to see them a lot more than he does. He makes me feel insecure because I never know if I'll be enough for him. He makes me feel giddy when he tells me I give great hugs... He makes me feel special when he tells me there's no one else he'd rather be spending the holidays with." Louis can't believe he said all that. He also never realized how many different emotions Harry made him feel.

"Well sweetie, using the wise wisdom I have accumulated over the years, I'd have to say you're in love." And wow that's new. It makes Louis feel different, a nice different. He feels floatier and bubbly. He's filled with a warmth and giddiness that suddenly make him want to see Harry. He wants to hold him and kiss him and cuddle him until his heart's content. He just really wants Harry there with him.

"Wow." Is all he can say because what do you say after you realize you're in love with someone?

"I'm so happy for you Louis. It's so nice to know that you've finally found the right guy." Louis can't really wrap his head around it yet. He's still trying to reel in the fact that he's actually in love with Harry. He never expected this; he never expected that the guy who showed up at his door step so many days ago would end up being the love of his life.

Even if he didn't expect it, he's really happy it did. He's really glad that Liam sent the guy to his flat to deliver that present. He's more than pleased that Harry actually agreed to come. He feels like he's on cloud nine, and like he thought before, he really wants to see Harry.

Luckily, he doesn't have to wait that long because he can hear the door being messed with. In a matter of seconds he's out of his seat and running to the door. Fortunately for him, Harry is the one opening the door, so he rushes into him. He hugs a stunned Harry tightly as his mother's words run in his mind. He's in love and he's in love with Harry.

"Well a hello to you too." Harry chuckles once Louis finally lets go. He moves out of the way so the rest of his family can come inside. "I'm guessing you missed me." Harry says cheekily. Louis nods, hugging Harry tightly again after he's closed the door.

"Yeah I did." He whispers and Harry just smiles because he of course missed Louis as well. He guides Harry to the couch and they sit next to each other as Louis pulls away again. "So how was the ice rink?"

"It was fun. They girls looked like professionals while I had to hang on to the railing most of the time. I might have forgotten to mention it's been a while since I've gone ice skating." Louis laughs at Harry's sheepish smile.

"Well at least you didn't fall."

"Who says he didn't." Lottie interjects when she walks in. "I strictly remember someone falling down more than a few times because he tripped over air." Harry flushes at that and Louis gives his sister a scowl.

"Yeah well it was because I wasn't there to help him. If you ever go again, I'll make sure to be there to help you." Louis assures and Lottie scoffs before she's walking away. Harry hides his face in Louis' shoulder.

"I'd like that." He whispers. Harry nuzzles closer mumbling something about being tired.

"Yeah well you did wake up at ungodly hours willingly, who does that?" Louis teases.

"I do, I wanted to spend time with your family." Louis heart races at that and he smiles as he watches Harry place his head on his lap.

"You're comfortable." He mumbles before his breath is evening out. Louis watches the slow rise and fall of Harry's chest on his lap. He's hit again with how much he loves this boy.

"I think I'm in love with you." He whispers, moving a few strands of his hair away from his face. He doesn't think, he knows.