Prologue - 12 years and a baby.

Zayn

I woke up in the morning not believing that I was with Payne's family. Closed and opened my eyes, pinched myself and nothing changed. Finally I was part of a family. Or almost it.

I got up slowly and looked to my watch. Seven in the morning. Feeling the smell Mrs. Payne must be already woke up. I smirked and went take a shower.

I dressed one of the shirts that was in the closet and put a jeans shorts. I looked at myself in the mirror not believing in what I was seeing. My thin body inside good clothes, clothes which fits perfectly in my body.

⁃ Zayn? Are you awake honey? - Karen's voice sounded behind the door.
⁃ Yes, Mrs. Payne. - Said insecure.
⁃ Breakfast is ready, come eat.
⁃ Y-yes! - I said and opened the door.
The woman was smiling to me, as if I was one of the best things that ever happened in her life. She embraced and I sank my face on her neck.

⁃ You're going to meet Liam today. We have something important to announce you both.
⁃ To me? - whispered not believing
⁃ Of course! You're our son now! You're a member of the family! - She said and pushed me in direction of the staircase.

We went downstairs holding hands in direction of the kitchen, where Mr. Payne was drinking coffee.

⁃ Good Morning Zayn. How did you sleep? - asked letting the newspaper aside
⁃ Good, sir. - answered sitting in the other side of the table.
⁃ Zayn, you're our son now. I'm not going to force you anything, but you can call me dad thus can call Karen mom. - he said and I put my face down.

Mom. Dad. My true parents abandoned me. The man which cared me in the orphanage abused me. But these two people wanted me.

⁃ Thank you... Dad. - I said feeling somebody embracing me.

Geoff was with teary eyed. Thus like me. That hug was different from the others. Was unique. Such a truly father's hug.

We had breakfast getting to know each other. I had to tell everything to them after that they saw a bruise on my neck. We'd go to the doctors see if it was hurt inside.

A little bit after we had finished breakfast, a boy with brown chocolate eyes and a kind smile arrived. He was Liam. My new brother.

⁃ Hi Zayn. Welcome to the family sort of crazy with the name seemed like pain! - said smiling and I laughed.
⁃ Thank you. - I said and he pushed me for a hug .
⁃ Anything that happens to you, you can always count on me okay? If someone hurt you in school, tell them that your older brother will go find them! - he said and I nodded.
⁃ Well, now that you guys did the masculine ritual of teens, I need that you guys sit because me and your father need to tell a thing. - mom said and we sat on the couch.

Dad put his arms on mom's shoulders each other smiling.

⁃ You both are going to gain a brother! - they said at the same time and the smile on my face disappeared.

I celebrated with them, Liam said that already has me, even for shortly time, and that was a lot another one. I said it was very nice , but I was scared that they'd send me back to the orphanage.

I went upstairs to my room without nobody noticing. At least I thought. I'd be a problem for this family. They'd take care of two kids. And one that wasn't their blood son. I had sure that I would go back to that horrible place where I came from.

A knock at the door took me out of my thoughts.

⁃ Zayn? Can I come in? - Liam's voice sounded airless and I stay quiet, he might leave.
I heard the door open and after close. The edge of the bed sank and soon a hand shook my foot.

⁃ Hey, sweetheart. What happened?
⁃ I'm going to be sent back , right? - I said with my face sunk on the pillow.
⁃ No! Of course not! They were crazy in having another son, it had been a while that they tried and went to orphanages looking for a kid that'd choose them. - I felt the weight in my side. - then they found you. They met you a long time ago, told me that you were a golden boy, but would take too long to bring you home. You're as their son as me. Zayn, you're my brother. No one is going to sent you back! - he said and I looked at him.
⁃ They told you about me? - Liam smiled
⁃ Yeah. They told me that your 12th birthday you mistake and called my mother of mom.

I blushed and he hugged me.

⁃ Happened once with me. I had six years. A family adopted me. I passed six months with them, until that the woman got pregnant and they sent me back. - I whispered and closed my eyes.
⁃ But now you have us. Nobody is going to send you back! - I grinned

The rest of the day I passed with Liam. He took me to meet with his friends and the neighborhood. I turned friend of a dark haired boy named Josh and of a boy which dyed his hair of blonde named Niall.

Liam slept that day in home. The other day he left. Hardly knew that months later we'd move away and letting me be as part of the family that hardly wait the time of gaining a younger brother.