Chapter Three

I hummed to myself as I stroked my brush up the canvas. I'd been working on another piece for school. My teacher absolutely loved my historical scene and had assigned me another piece. I got to choose, and I had decided to paint a temple from Greece. I had started this morning and it seemed to be going well.

I paused to inspect my work and to clean my brush, when I heard my doorbell ring. I stood up and made my way to the door. I wasn't five feet away from it when it rang again.

"I'm coming," I said, mainly to myself. I opened the door and came face to face with Nate. "Oh." I was very surprised to see him here. I hadn't seen him since that night we went on the date; which was a few days ago.

"Hey," he said with a small smile. "Can I come in?"

"Um, yeah. Come on in." I stepped aside to let him in. I was suddenly aware of my messy outfit. I started to wipe my paint covered hands on my short denim jeans but decided better of it. "I'm gonna wash my hands, you can follow me in here."

"Okay," he followed me into the kitchen, where I washed the paint off of my hands. 

"So, um," I said, wiping the water off of my hands with a towel. "What's up?"

He smiled, "Right. Um, do you wanna go somewhere?"

"Right now?" I messed with the end of my french-braided hair.

"Well, um, yeah."

I nodded, "It's short notice."

He nodded and reached a hand up to ruffle his hair. "Yeah, I know. But-" 

I waited for him to say more, but he didn't. "Um, where do you have in mind?"

"Boxing match?"

I wrinkled my nose, "Um, I think I'll pass." I leaned against the counter. Boxing isn't really my thing. I mean, I've wrestled for fun with people before. But, for like an official match? It's not my kind of thing. Anyway, it's so random for him to come over here and ask me on short notice. I find it a bit odd.

"Come on, please?" He gave me a puppy dog face. I laughed.

"Why do you want me to go?"

"I just do! I think it could be fun." He gave me a "winning" smile.

"It's not really my thing."

"I promise I'll do anything if you just come with him."

I raised an eyebrow, "Anything?"

"Well, depends." he said, biting his lip. 

I shook my head and laughed, "Whatever, I guess I'll go."

He raised his eyebrows, "Did you seriously just give up the chance to boss me around?"

I nodded, "Yeah, I'm not going to torture you."

He laughed, "Okay?"

I nodded again, "Let me change. Then we can go."

"That sounds great!"

I smiled and made my way to my bedroom. I changed into a fresh pair of jean pants, a fitted blue T-shirt and then slipped on some black converses. I let my hair out of my braid, which fell down onto my shoulder in perfect waves. Grabbing my purse, I walked out of my room and made my way to Nate.

"Ready?"

"Yeah," he had his back to me, looking at one of my past art pieces on the wall. 

"We'll just ride together?" I asked.

He laughed, "Yeah." He turned to look at me.

"You look nice."

"Oh, thanks. I figured I didn't need to dress up?" 

"Nah," he shook his head, "You're just fine."

"Sweet."

"Mhm," We both walked towards the door. I locked up, then we headed to his vehicle. We hopped in and took off. It was a silent ride, and I didn't change it because I really didn't know what to say. I guess I should ask him questions. But, maybe later? Like, when I know we won't be interrupted. Maybe at a restaurant or something? I didn't know. 

We pulled into a parking lot, outside of the building the match was held in. I unbuckled, hopped out, and followed Nate towards the entrance. We payed, for entrance, and followed the line inside. It got crowded and I had trouble keeping up with Nate. He apparently noticed, because he reached behind him to take my hand. Our eyes met and I gave him a small smile. He returned it with one of his own and pulled me with him, making our way toward the arena. 

"Hey, Nate!" Both Nate and I's heads turned towards the masculine voice. A tough looking guy came over to us. Nate stiffened. I glance at him, then back at the stranger. The man wore jeans with slits in them and a black shirt, that was tight and showed all of his muscles. His 6-pack was very clear. His blonde hair swooshed into his face, brown eyes dark and yet sparkling.

"Hey," Nate said simply.

"I didn't know you were coming! Should've called me or somethin'." Nate just shrugged. The guy nodded and suddenly noticed me.

He smirked, "Well hello there."

I waved a hand and tried to keep a blank face. "Hola."

He raised his eyebrows at me, "Oh come on. Show some enthusiasm. You just met the one and only Cole!" He waved his hands and did a pathetic bow.

A laugh escaped me and I quickly covered it up with a fake cough, "It's a pleasure."

He smirked, "It'll do." He turns to Nate, "So what brings you here?"

"Just showing her one of my favorite spots," Nate replied throwing an arm over my shoulder.

"Do you like boxing?"

I shrugged, "I use to rough house with my older brother. That was always fun."

He laughed, "This is different, Hon. I bet you'll like it though."

I nod, "Okay."

After a moment of silence, Nate said, "Well, we're off to find our seats. See ya." He waved a hand and lead me through the crowd, headed to the stands. His arm had fallen off from around my shoulders, but he had kept a firm hold on my wrist. I would hate to get lost in this crowd.

As we squeeze through the crowd, I noticed a few other guys come up to Cole. They all crossed their arms and stared at us. I looked away, creeped out by them. Nate and I took our seats and waited for the match to begin.

Author's Note: This is short...but, it's something. I've got a little surprise and more action in the next chapter....hopefully I will get that uploaded soon! Anyway, thanks for reading! Vote, please?