Prolouge

"Ok Bye Grammy, I Love you too" she yelled to the kitchen where her grandma was before she walked down the drive way to her Black 2017 x5 BMW.

now where off to today ?

Lesli thought as she sat with her hands on the steering wheel before starting the engine and making her way to her condo, that wasn't to far from her grandmothers house.

It was a Saturday, and like every morning Saydia always drives to her grandmothers house just to talk and make sure she's doing well, considering the fact that she's pretty old. Saydia wouldn't know how to live if something happened to her Grammy and she wasn't there to help, that's her only family.

Saydia is a 18 year old girl From the south side of Chicago, she hated it there before she moved to California with her grandma about 5 years ago. She and her grandmother are originaly from Barbados. Say And Her grandmother moved out of Barbados and to the states when she was just a couple of months. She was abandoned by her druglord/alcoholic father and her strung out mother just a little at birth when her grandmother's neighbor found her outside a Crack house where her mother was trying to sell her off. She then was raised by MamaP, who she knows as her only family. Her grandmother always tried her best to give her whatever she wanted and desired.

Say, also goes by the name Polly. She's that awkward, shy and quiet girl but once she's comfortable around you she is the complete opposite and funniest person to be around . She has trust issues she's been through alot, but you wouldn't be able to tell unless she told you .

When Polly was in 5th grade she was raped by a guy who was like family to her. He would walk her home from school everyday to make sure she was safe, considering the neighborhood  they lived in, and she always felt safe and protected around him. But one day something got into him, he must've drank too much or took some strong pipe and he raped Say in the basement of an abandoned house. He kept her there for a 3 weeks and tortured her. Her grandmother filed a Amber Alert several times but never got any help to find Saydia. He was finally arrested once they found the 11yr old girl at some old gas station with torn clothes and a beat up face. Every since that day Polly has been very secluded and she often isolates herself from guys period. 

She had to go through 2 years of therapy after that. She would always have these flashbacks of what happened and wake up in sweats, or she would randomly run off to a place that's not home around 13-14 and leaving her grandmother worried about her. She refuses to get close to anyone besides her grandmother and bestfriend. She doesn't give guys easy access into her life and doesn't trust anyone period after all, she always was bad with relationships every guy she trusted fucked her over. She always feels as if her loyalty has just been betrayed from the day she was born and it's taken her awhile to understand that it wasn't her fault and there was nothing she could do about it. She often tells herself "If I can't trust the people who gave birth to me to love me, then I can't trust anyone to love me." Yet, She always says she can't wait for the day, where she meets a guy who can change all that but never believes it can happen.

or could it ......