Chapter Twelve

Hey everyone!

I really hope you like this chapter. There is a bit of action towards the end of it, but nothing compared to what you will see in the future! Crazy things will happen. Be prepared for some serious action! I think you will all love Darcy more than you already do. She is growing so much.

Also, this chapter is dedicated to percabethlover777 for being the first person to comment on the Author's Note that I posted! I really appreciate it when people read my author's notes because, believe it or not, they contain valuable information. From now on, the person who leaves the best comment will get a chapter dedicated to him or her.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Chapter Twelve

Dedicated to: percabethlover777

Darcy’s POV

Italy was one of the most enchanting places I had ever been. As soon as I got off the plane, I was mesmerized at the site of the beautiful city of Rome. The view from the balcony of the hotel was absolutely breathtaking as well. I sat there for a while before anyone disturbed me. I felt a presence behind me but I did not turn around. When hands covered my eyes, I jumped up in surprise because this wasn’t something that Zayn would do. I spun around and kicked violently at my attacker.

“Darcy!” My attacker screamed. The voice was all too familiar. I couldn’t understand why I didn’t recognize him from the start. It was my brother.

I grabbed him in a bone-crushing hug before pushing him away. “Why are you here? More importantly, how did you get here?” I didn’t want the gang to find him.

“Caiden told me this situation is bigger than any of us realize now. Kris –”

“Kris is with –”

“Yeah, I know. Caiden also told me that. I know that Elevated tricked you into thinking they had me. They sent you a picture, right?” Drew asked me quizzically.

I nodded my head and he sighed.

“That was the time I was taken in Russia a few years ago. I can’t believe you didn’t notice. I thought you would… Listen, Darcy, you’re getting weak,” Drew plainly said.

“Now before you get offended, I don’t mean physically weak. I mean you’re losing the quality to be cautious all the time. You have to pay attention to things like this. I know I sound like the annoying older brother, but I’m seriously worried, not just for you but for the sake of our country,” Drew sighed.

“What do you mean? And how did you find out where I was?” I asked.

“You keep forgetting that I had a tracking device installed in your phone. Anyways, Elevated is working on conquering major cities in the United States. They have already targeted the cities with the most gang influence. Atlanta has already fallen to their reign. Since Atlanta is by far one of the most violent cities in the United States, the gangs that had territory there previously have joined sides with Elevated. This is something much bigger than anyone expected.”

I took in a deep breath as I tried not to panic at the information Drew just told me. I turned around and saw five nosy boys trying to ease their way into the conversation. Louis was pushed forward and ended up landing in between my brother and I. Drew glared at them and the other four took a few steps back while Louis lingered in his spot.

“Drew, this concerns them too. I wanted to keep them out of it but we’ve already been spied on by John Jackson. I’m scared he’s going to resort to contacting them,” I told my brother.