Hidden Emotions

Ana

~~~~

I can barely see Cam's face through the blurred screen made by the tears in my eyes. He approaches me, but I can't see his intentions. So I don't react at first when he kisses me.

My mind should be reeling. This is the first time I've ever kissed a boy, but I still haven't really wrapped my mind around the fact that he is, actually, kissing me. Once I process what is happening, I shove him away, gingerly touching my lips.

"Why the hell would you do that?" I scream, choking anew with fresh sobs. "My life is falling apart. Why would you make things even more complicated?" Cam looks shocked, and hurt, by my words.

"You're the one making things so damn complicated!" Cam shouts, gripping fistfuls of his hair, "you're running back to the people who hurt you!"

"Why does it matter to you?" I huff in frustration. Cam throws his hands in the air as if it's obvious.

"Because I fucking need you!" He exclaims, biting his lip self consciously, "It's a selfish excuse, I know, but I'm a dead man without you. I need you to stay." My heart sinks in my chest.

"So that's all I am to you? Someone to keep you in the shadows?" I ask, heartbroken. He looks at me apathetically.

"Ana, I barely know you. What more would you be?" He asks. My lips curls into my mouth, a telltale sign that I'm about to cry. I blink back my tears and gather my few things, hurrying down the stairs.

"I can't do this anymore. Goodbye, Cam," I say, rushing through the broken down door and down the street.

~*~

Cameron

~~~~~~~~~

"Shit," I curse, punching the crumbling wall of the attic and wincing at the pain. I'm such a coward. If I would have told her that I really fucking do need her, not just as an aid to keep me hidden but as a companion, as a friend, maybe she would have stayed. But my pride got the best of me, and I drove her away. I can't go after her. It's daytime, and I'd be caught for sure. But I need to find her.

I just hope I can get to her in time.