Ignorance is Bliss

Mr Charles Barnes sat in his spacious lodge,reading a book by the warm fireplace. He closed it and sat it on the arm of the chair he rested in. He looked around himself. The modern design in a lodge wasn't something he had seen often,so of course he jumped at the opportunity to own it,even if it was worth a few million dollars. He bought it in cash,on the spot. He looked outside and saw that it was beginning to snow again. Already there were several inches covering the long-dead grass it rested on. Outside he also saw his security detail. Very professional men. A woman came in the room,dressed in a black robe. Charles was about 60,the woman standing before him was about half his age. She was beautiful,with long brown hair. The relationship they shared was more than friendly,and not moral by any means. Charles was a married man,but here he sat with his mistress in the woods at a large  expensive lodge.
"Charles? What are you doing here? You look spooked,is everything alright?",she asked,concerned.
"I...I don't know Samantha. Does anything feel just a little off to you?",he asked her in a deep voice that demanded respect.
"You're overthinking this. We are in the middle of nowhere. And,even if someone actually found us,your security will handle it. Are you worried that she'll find out?"
He wasn't worried his wife would find out,because,he was certain she already knew. He even had evidence she had another man of her own. "No. I just have a feeling. Maybe this life has gotten to me. How I got this money,it was not earned."
"Who cares if it was earned or not? It's yours now. Stop worrying."
The man just fell back in his recliner.
"Listen here,Charles. I am going to bed. You can come with me if you so choose,or you can stay in here,alone."
"Ok Samantha. I will meet you there."
"Now that is what I wanted to hear." She walked away giggling.
Usually his gaze would follow her as she went,but his mind was still on the awful feeling he still kept. He looked out once more at his guards,and thought to himself,"Well,I suppose ignorance is bliss." as he walked off to join his mistress in bed.