The Bloody End

The man walked up to the glass door,and shattered it with the stock of his rifle,then he slid it's sling over his shoulder. He waited for an alarm,but no alarm came. He thought to himself,"Hm. No alarm. Of course not.". He then proceeded to step over the jagged glass left in the doorframe. The tiny pieces of glass crunched under his boots. He stopped for a second to admire the beautiful spotless white tile.

Meanwhile,Charles was in the bedroom with Samantha. She was shaking and for good reason. He couldn't get a hold of his guards. They were most likely dead. He looked over at her. "Listen to me. You're gonna be ok. I'm gonna go handle this",he whispered to her. She didn't say a word,merely nodded her head in agreement.

The assassin stood in the spacious living room. "Charles Barnes! Walk in here...slowly."

Charles froze when her heard his name. He reached under the bed.

"And do NOT get that gun I know you're reaching for." The man chuckled. "Yes,I know you a little better than you know me."

Charles walked out of the bedroom,and faced his killer. The man in black took off the mask. "Sit. Right there,in your chair." Charles did as ordered and sat in the chair.

"Before you kill me. Tell me. Why?"

"You know...it's really simple. Money is why. You're a man with a high price on his head." Charles just stared at the man as he walked over to him. He whispered in Charles' ear a question,"What's her name?".

"Please don't. Please leave her. Let her live,I'm begging you. She hasn't seen your face,she won't say anything."

"I'm afraid that isn't enough. What's her name?"

A tear came from Charles' eye as he spoke."S-s-amantha. Her name is Samantha."

The man backed away. "Samantha. Come in here." He waited for the woman. She walked in slowly. "Stand over there. By the window. Please." She did as he asked. "You know...I'm really sorry that I have to do this. But you can thank him for this." The man reached for his shotgun. In one swift move,he brought it up to his waste and shot. Samantha flew through the window into the cold outside.

Charles yelled. Then more tears came. The man just stared,and pointed a finger as he said,"Her blood,is on your hands." Charles sat and wept,shaking his head.

"No...no no no no."

"Oh yes." The assassin pulled out the hunting knife. "And because of that,I don't feel sorry for this." He plunged the knife deep into Charles' chest. Charles struggled slightly. He choked on his blood and gasped for breath. "And now...I'm going to leave. I'm not going to grant you the quick death she received. I'm gonna let you drown in that blood." With that,the man walked away. He walked through the front door,leaving it open.

So then,the once clean,spotless white modern lodge of Charles Barnes,looked like a slaughterhouse. They found him cold,lifeless,his own blood having filled his lungs. Samantha was dead before she hit the snow outside. And the guards all lie dead where they were shot. The mission was completed. The dirty deed finished.

                              The End