Calls

For the 100th time that night, Maine tossed and turned on her bed, they were still in Japan and her 4 days passed with loss of communication with her "better half"..

She sighed, grabbed her phone and unplugged the charger.. She scrolled on her phone's contacts and searched for a particular number..

"Maghanda ka na.. Mahal babayaran mo pag-uwi mo ng Pinas.."

She mumbled to herself and tapped the number and her phone started ringing.. It was no surprise that RJ picked up after the 2nd ring..

"Meng?"

He asked, Maine chuckled and teased the lad

"Ay hindi! Si Coleen to! Hi RJ!"

Maine can't hide the growing smile on her lips, it's been days and she missed his voice... She missed him..

"Musta pala dyan sa Japan?"

RJ asked, Maine can almost feel his longing, his voice was soft and gentle like it always has been when it comes to her..

"Ok naman.. Masaya! Tsaka sure ako mamimiss ko 'tong lugar na 'to kapag umuwi na kami.."

She answered, a grin forming on her lips once again as she heard RJ sigh..

"Japan pa more!"

He tried to tease but the slight disappointment in his voice was evident..

"Sus.. Miss mo lang ako eh!"

Maine teased back, RJ just chuckled and sat on his bed..

"Nagpapamiss ka kasi.."

He answered back, Maine wanted to pinch his nose but that was impossible at the moment..

"Ikaw nga dyan eh, sobrang enjoy at MAG-ISA ka nun! Nang chicks ka siguro!"

Maine acted like she was mad, her voice was little higher than usual and it made RJ worry..

"Maine.. Galit ka ba? Ano ka ba naman? Work ang pinunta ko dyan tsaka.. Pinasyal lang ako ng AlDub Nation Japan noon! Huwag kang magalit please!"

Maine started laughing, RJ was flustered...

"Ano ka ba RJ.. Alam ko naman.. I was just teasing"

RJ wanted to have his comeback but Maine beat him to it..

"Subukan mo lang magcomeback.. Di na ako magkacomeback dyan sa Pinas!"

"Wala naman sanang ganun uy!"

Maine chuckled, RJ sounded reckless and at the same time desperate.. There were tons of things that Maine wanted to do to Richard, but they both have to wait for the day she comes back..

"Ay teka.. Pagbalik ko pala.. Aalis ka din agad... Ang daya...lagi ka nalang umaalis.."

Maine suddenly blurted, RJ could feel his heart slowly shatter into pieces...

"Oo nga pala.."

RJ said, with Maine slowly beginning to miss him too badly, she started to cry..

"Teka, umiiyak ka ba?"

RJ asked, Maine's sobs went louder and it made him worry..

"Meng.. Huwag kang umiyak please... Hindi naman ako mawawala ng matagal eh.."

"Di ka nga mawawala ng matagal, pero alam mo ba kung gaano kahirap sakin yun? Mahal mo ba 'ko? Eh bakit puro gigs abroad tinatanggap mo? Nakakainis ka na!"

Maine said in between sobs.. RJ wanted to book a flight right then and there but it was their family week.. He missed his family but he missed Maine too..

"Oo naman.. Mahal kita... Alam mo yan.. Oo Maine, mahal kita di lang basta kaibigan.. Di man tayo official handa naman akong maghintay eh.. Tsaka mamimiss din kita... Ngayon pa nga lang na pwede akong sumunod dyan sa lapit eh sobrang namimiss na kita.. Paano pa kaya kung nasa Doha na ako."

RJ gulped, the sudden regret hit him.. for Maine sobbed a little more harder..

"Sorry Meng... Sorry..."

Richard didn't know what to do.. Yes, they have that mutual understanding.. Yes, they both agree on their "more than friends but less than lovers" kind of status... But No, no one is sure if it will last.. not with girls trying to steal Alden away, or Boys wanting to have Maine..

"May temptation Alden.. May temptation.. Lalaki ka.. I trust you.. But not the people around you"

Maine said as she slowly calmed down, RJ sighed, this was harder than he thought..

"Nicomaine Dei.. I. LOVE. YOU. Hindi pwede at hindi magbabago yun.. Alam ko, I'm just a boy and there are tons of temptations here in this world.. Pero ikaw lang... Ikaw lang ang mahal ko.."

RJ assured, he smiled as he said those words... He was out of filter, he was all about being honest now..

"Ang drama natin!"

Maine chuckled, RJ smiled and sighed a sigh of relief...

"Basta RJ.. Tayong dalawa lang ah.. "

"Tayong dalawa lang... Forever.."