Chapter 17: How Long Has It Been?

Present time

The Lïch is walking over to Max's body which is being forced down to the ground by a spell.

Lïch: "There is only darkness for you, and only death for your people. The darkness is only the beginning, my army will spread great and terrible anguish upon billions of worlds. We will spread until every life has been extinguished, and now I have come for you. Max.."

Time instantly reverses back 5 seconds, as Principle Jase breaks free from his trap and appears next to the Lïch. "Teleque"

The Lïch vanishes from sight.

Principle Jase rushes to Max and helps him off the ground. "We have to get everyone out of here before it comes back."

Max helps mike off the ground.

Mike runs to find Pearl.

Max runs over to Blair.

Massive thick blood leaks out of Blair and drips off the sword.

Max pulls out the sword and catches Blair. "I got ya."

Mike finds Pearl's body. "Shit you better be alive."

Pearl coughs up blood.

Mike takes a deep breath. "Alright good."

Principle Jase: "Ah!"

The Lïch holds Principle Jase in the air by his neck.

Max looks back. "Shit! No."

Max places Blair down as he closes his eyes and plants his feet into the ground causing the ground around his feet to crack. Max takes off at a little half way to the speed of sound as he goes around placing markers on Mike, Pearl, Rose, and Blair.

Minutes later everyone opens there eyes being right outside of Pearl and Rose's house.

Mike looks around. "What the fuck!"

Max picks up Blair. "No time let's get them inside.

Mike and Rose help Pearl inside.

Few hours later.

Mike sits in the dinning room at the table.

Rose walks in. "How you holding up?"

Mike taps on a grimoire in front of him. "I took a look inside here. And I realize it's a grimoire and one that's passed down from generation only given to the newest of little witches, and I've met quite a few. So there's no way you can just get your hands on these never the less open it without breaking the binding spell by killing off either the witch blood line or the owner of the book. Did you kill just to get this book."

Rose: "Whoa now wait, are you judging me for being a demon hunter and hunting these supernatural beings."

Mike stands up. "No I'm judging you for not thinking about the fact that some of these beings looks almost exactly like humans and their able to feel like us too meaning, you don't take to realize that not all things you aren't used too are bad and you just hunt and kill these just because you hate them? I honestly thought you were cool and did it because you wanted to protect all life."

Mike walks out and leaves the house.

Rose takes a seat at the table. "Am I really that bad?"

Max walks in fully dressed in his battle attire. "No after what the Lïch did I want all of these things dead too, but I can't blame Mike for being that way. I do have to respect all life is life and there are nice monsters out there, It's not up to us to decide but it's up to use to protect all those who oppose right to life."