Chapter 26: H.E.R

Max makes his way to an old clock tower in Oakvalley.

Alexis falls out of the sky in front of Max. "Ouch." Max looks down at Alexis as she stands up. "I can't believe I actually found you."

Max stays silent.

Alexis stares at Max. "Uhh right. well you left after just dumping all those feels on me.

Max closes his eyes. "It was a mistake." Alexis shakes him. "Where are you off to now?" Max opens his eyes and continues walking. "Someone seemed to be waiting for me at the clocktower." Alexis catches up to Max. "I know where that is. I seen it on my way here. Wanna race there?"

Max sighs. "That's a waste of energy and my power."

Alexis laughs. "Are you scared of losing?"

Max forms his wings. "Once I win don't ask me to race again."

Alexis sucks her teeth. "I've seen you fly and those wings don't get as fast as me." Max looks at Alexis. "How so?"

Alexis holds her hands to the sky. "Well my powers are like elemental lol but i'd guess you would call it weather. I call a lightning strike on myself and it allows me to manifest with it, not sure if you're a science guy but if you know about how fast lightning travels then you know I'll be able to move as fast as 220,000,000 miles per hour. Can you keep up?"

Max laughs. "Bet."

the Lïch stands next to Alexis. "If we win I'll kill her immediately. I promise that."

Max and Alexis get in a running position. Max closes his eyes. Max kicks off thrusting into the air. Max closes his eyes as he creates a sonic boom as he takes off arriving at the clock tower causing a crater where he landed. Max opens his eyes and looks around. "Guess I won." Max enters the clock tower. Alexis stands up from leaning against the wall. "finally, I won."

Max closes his eyes and sighs. "You got lucky." The Lïch chuckles in Max's conscious. "Tell me about it, I was gonna kill her." Max taps on Alexis and heads up the set up stairs in the clock tower. "Let's go." Max and Alexis head upstairs.

Max and Alexis reach the top of the staircase seeing a figure with it's back to them. Max walks out in front of Alexis. "Who are you!" The figure stays silent. "Max makes a fist. "I'm not going to ask again." The figure turns around to be a skeleton with bright dark green eyes. "Serve the Queen!" skeleton pulls out a sword and dashes towards Max. Max punches his hand through the skeletons chest as it reaches. The skeleton falls apart. "I wasn't slow then." Max bends down and examines the skeleton. "Something like this couldn't have left a message or died within any three days."

Alexis walks over to Max. "What do you think it means then?"

Max stands up. "I think it means whoever wanted to meet, might have wanted me to know about this. But nothing comes to mind. I have to find whoever left this for me."

 Max and Alexis run into an unknown encounter. Pearl learns the truth about Rose and comes to terms on forgiving Max. Mikes and Principle Jase's whereabouts are still unknown.

END Of Chapter 26