Destined Betrayal

"Chris, if you every touch her again, I swear it will be one of the last things you ever do," my threat pushed its way towards the drenched dirty blonde man standing a few feet away from me.

The sound of rain violently clattering against the ground filled the air along with the occasional ear shattering roar of thunder. Blood still drained from his lip, but the rain quickly lightened the color as it ran towards his chin. Chris's murky brown eyes were filled with his hatred towards me along with the fear I knew was struck into him from my words. If it were not so loud, I would be able to hear his knuckles crack when he balled up his fist or the sound of his teeth clenching as he scowled at me. I knew he was mad, why wouldn't he be? But me, oh I was far past mad.

"Who are you to interfere with what goes on between her and me, Brent?" he asked me through his tightly clinched teeth.

I suppose that would be a good question for anyone to ask a day or two ago. But now, the reason should have been obvious to anyone and everyone. However, Chris Jones was and all ways will be too stupid to see the reason I will never let anything bad come upon her again.

"What, are you madly in love with her?" he pulled a smirk onto his blood stained lips and his eyes danced with amusement. It was my turn to clinch my teeth. Was I in love with her? Sure, we could say that for short. But, if the truth is what one were to seek, then no. Love would not correctly describe anything I felt for her.

"Watch what you say, Jones. You know I can lose my temper all too fast."I used the threatening tone from earlier. His smirk was knocked down a notch.

A white bolt of light shot across the sky, lighting up our eerie surroundings. I could see the old broken down buildings out of the corner of my eye. The windows were shattered from all of them, each roof allowed the down falling rain to flow freely into what use to be a home, and bricks from the walls rested in deep mud a few inches away from the wall. The following boom of the thunder put the feeble buildings in jeopardy of crashing to the ground as they rattled under the traveling sound.

"She hates you, and she always will. She will hate you even more after she finds out what you have done. And, please my dear friend, guess where she will run to when she discovers this incident."

If looks could kill, Chris would be laying lifeless on the mud covered ground at this very moment and if eyes were like moodrings my iris would no longer be their dark blue, but a bright infuriated red. He was blackmailing me. It's funny how we used to be friends. Oh wait, that's right, we weren't just friends, we were practically brothers. But now? I guess it's true, there is a fine line between love and hate. Sadly he crossed it.

In the far distance sirens rang through the air, barely making their way to us through the sheet of rain. Blue and red lights flashed repeatedly in the dark, cloudy night sky. The rain only seemed to fall harder now and the roar of thunder grew even more violent. But did any of this matter to me at this moment? No. My full focus was on Chris Jones. It would be wrong to say this was his fault entirely. I'm plenty mature enough to take partial blame. Fate and destiny are truly unpredictable when they want to be. Forcing us down a path that we never hoped to enter. One filled with death, betrayal, hatred, lust, desire, passion, lies, and helplessness. Love turns to hate, desire brigns on disaster, betrayal and lies become laced into every sentence. We become nothing more than a piece, a player, to the game known as life. They give us a choice, destiny and fate do, but each one only leads to our next fall. And me...I have fallen far. Why? Because of her.

************************************************************

I know it's short :/. But, I want to see how people react to it before I write more. So, tell me your thoughts and vote :D.