Chapter 2- Pulled In

"I told you all I know," I repeated to the cop whom refused to take what I said in. The concrete walls of the questioning room reverberated my own words into my ears as I sat in a metal chair, hands cuffed to the back of it. My hair had dried for the most part, pieces plastered to my forehead still. The dim lighting in the room was barely a change from the dark outside stormy weather.

"You can't tell us you know nothing of the girl in the photo sitting in front of you," the police officer said while gesturing at the pictures again. I told them already. What else would I need to tell them?

"Like I have mentioned, I do know her. For around eight months now. However, I don't know anything about her being involved in what you are accusing her of," I responded to him in the same grave tone I had used earlier. It angered me for them to think she would do such a thing. The cop was pissed at this point. His hand slammed hard to the metal table as his dark brown eyes tried to bore into mine, searching endlessly for the truth. The truth. That is something no one seems to know anymore.

**************************************************************

"Leave," she repeated to me after I simply stared at her blankly for a brief moment. She closed the step or two that was between us, braced her small tanned hands on my chest, and shoved me back with all the strength she could muster at that point. I took a few given steps away to humor her. She was weak, it was obvious. The blood that continued to leave her body was not helping her at all either. "You have to go!" she had raised her voice, pulling even more panic into it.

"Why?" I asked her. She just stared dumbly at me with those captivating eyes of hers, her forehead creased. "What the hell is going on?" I continued to gaze at her wanting to know more about everything taking place at this moment.

"You don't need to know anything. Just take my word for it. You must leave here now. I swear, getting yourself dragged into this will be the worst mistake of your life," she warned me.

Yeah, she warned me. That was the exact moment I should have listened. Destiny offered me yet another choice, and what did I do? I picked.

"I'm not going anywhere."

Those very words, brought my life into a chaotic mass of destruction.

"You have no idea what you are doing," she said in a mere whisper. The other set of footsteps re entered the surroundings. Stepping out from the shadows of the alley the girl had fled from was a man. He wore all black, just his face and hands were visible. The moonlight lit up his pale skin that was exposed to it and shined off of his light blonde hair. My eyes rested on his face awaiting to see his gaze. When he pulled his view to meet mine, I was struck with a slight bit of déjà vu and my heart skipped a beat or two. I have seen him before...or at least I swear I have. His baby blue eyes glared into mine. I saw nothing but pure hatred resting beneath their surface.

The girl had jerked herself around as soon as he had emerged from the alleyway. "Alexia," the man said with a disgusting smirk covering his face. He spoke to her, but kept his glare on me. "You should have learned by now to avoid pulling others into this."

"Victor, he has nothing to do with any of this, do not touch him." Her voice had become strong and steady. Her fear was still there, but hidden deep within her. Victor shook his head as he closed his eyes. His evil grin only grew at her statement.

"You gave him the chance to leave, he didn't. And since you seem to care, you will come with me without putting up an argument this time." It became silent. His eyes had focused themselves onto Alexia again. "You remember what happened last time, right?"