Chasing Cars

Summary: When Jaden Thomas' parents get divorced, Carlee Grace is there for him. They had been friends before that, but he begins to feel something different towards her. He completely forgets about his girlfriend, Nikki, and tries to change his feelings towards Carlee. He can't fall in love. Because falling in love will only lead to heartbreak, and they're better off just chasing cars.

Ideas for this came from Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol and You Found Me by The Fray :)

Cast: Emma Stone as Carlee Grace Munro Chambers as Jaden Thomas Emily Osment as Summer Gregory Emma Watson as Taylor Gregory Tom Felton as Remy Bredge Meaghan Jette Martin as Lilith Nicole Alyson Stoner as Bridget Thomas and Sara Paxton as Nikki Galore

Prolgue

"Honey, this isn't your fault."

That's basically the first thing your parents tell you after they say that they're getting a divorce. It's pointless really. How could they think that their child would blame theirselves? Of course, it's natural to think that if your kid is like seven. But I'm not. I'm seventeen for Christ sakes! Or well, I will be seventeen in a week. So I'm sixteen. But that's no different! I'm Jaden Thomas! I don't blame myself for things that I know I didn't do.

My life used to be easy and great. I had a twin sister, two loving parents. Middle school went smoothly. When I got to high school, I automatically got a girlfriend, Nikki. I met Carlee in 6th grade and she had become my best friend. I was on the football team, the kicker, but I prefered skating over that. Me and Carlee loved skate boarding. We did it together all the time. In fact, we were doing it the day my parents gave me the news. It started out normally, as I'm sure everyone's does. I'm sure that when you woke up the morning of the day you parents broke the news, it started out with you grumbling about your hatred for mornings. Then, you showered. And ate breakfast. Maybe you had school. Or maybe it was the beginning of summer. But for me, it was Spring Break. The very first day to be exact.

~*~

I was awoken by the sound of my phone going off, playing the song Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol. I really did like that song, so don't judge. I answered it without looking at the caller ID, which was a bad idea.

"Get your ass up!" the very familiar voice on the other line said. It was Carlee. Of course, only she would call me at-I looked at the time on my phone- 8:00 in the morning on the first day of Spring Break. I groaned into the phone.

"What do you want?" I whined. Not very manly, but that's how I am in the morning.

She sighed. "Did you really forget?" she questioned.

I furrowed my eyebrows, thinking. What was she talking about? "Um, no. I didn't." I lied. I seriously had no idea what she was talking about. But, lucky for me, she bought it. See, I can only lie to Carlee over the phone. If we're in person, then she knows I'm lying.

She squealed. "Yay! Be ready and meet me in the parking lot in ten!" then she hung up.

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. See, the parking lot is our place. Our special place. That's where we met when we were 12. But that's not important now. The parking lot is the parking lot of our school. And since it's Spring Break, I wasn't really hoping to go to school. But, I had to. Darn, I should've told her I didn't remember what we were doing. Though I have a pretty good guess.

Since I didn't have long, I couldn't shower, so I just dressed in black skinny jeans and a green t-shirt. I brushed my messed up black shaggy bed head and put on my sunglasses over my dark green eyes. I brushed my teeth and grabbed my skateboard, then ran out the door, muttering "bye" to my parents. I heard them calling to stop me, but I didn't. I was anxious to see what I was supposed to do with Carlee.