The Happiness Adds On - Part 7

Not edited. Sorry guys. Next update coming soon.

Today's agenda was full of more wedding rituals and customs. It was more intimate for family members than guests. I helped around with Nav's mom as much as I could. She had a lot to do with attending all the guest, getting everything ready for the ceremonies and controlling her emotions. Basic Indian melo-drama.

I had just woken up from a short nap. The bed was too warm to get out of and I didn't have anything important to do yet. I pulled out my laptop and began to work on the Kapoors' case. I was just wrapping up the presentation for the Monday after the wedding. I need to show the presentation to Vik and his fellow associate that I was to meet on Monday, before our meeting with the Kapoor company.

"Beep Beep, Beep Beep."

It was a text from Vik. I saved my files and put the laptop aside.

~Meet me for a late night beer on the beach. –V~

Late Night? What time was it?

"Oh crap. It's already 12:47am. Where did the time go?"

~Sure. Let me get dressed. :) –S~

I got out of my pjs and dressed in a maroon colored dress. The dress went to down to mid thigh, paired with black flats and a black cardigan. I went with very little makeup. It was dark outside so who cares.

—-

I couldn't find Vik anywhere and I left my phone upstairs. Well I guess I could stay out here and enjoy the weather for a bit.

I walked towards the water and lean on a big rock.

The water was very soothing. I love the sensation of sand between my toes. I love the wind escaping through my hair, making it fly. I love the feeling that gives me goose bumps.

I had totally lost myself in the moment.

Soon the moment became a while.

"Why hello there."

I looked up and found the eyes that I used to desperately want to sink in.

Relax Samaira, relax.

"Hey."

"What are you doing out here all alone at 3 in the morning." He asked while offering a beer.

I took the beer and tried to control my thoughts and emotions.

"Oh actually Vik called me to hang out but I couldn't find him and I don't have my phone on me either."

"Oh umm Vik's on a important call right now. I'm sure he'll come around after he's done. Mind if I join you?"

I smiled at him and sat up on the rock, giving him lots of space to sat on.

"I didn't see you around the haldi and other events."

"I was helping out all week long and skipped on some events to catch up on sleep or for other errands regarding the wedding. You'll see me tomorrow morning at the wedding."

Soon one beer turned into four and small talk turned to drunk people trying to act decent.

"And the helicopter forgot the bride. I wonder if the groom found her." Jas was trying to make a funny story about a pycho bride and her groom.

"That's a stupid story. Of course he would find her. He's been waiting for her his whole life. No small issue would turn his love for her that easily forgotten."

"You sound like a love expert."

"No I'm a beer expert. Give me beer number two."

"That's beer number fifteen."