The Happiness Adds On - Part 15

I woke up this morning with an aching body and a terrible hungover. Dragging myself into the bathroom, I took a long hot shower hoping to relax my tense muscles. I dressed in a pair of grey sweatpants and a plain white t-shirt. After I was showered and dressed, I sat back on the covers with my head in my hands, groaning about this horrible headache. I slipped back and rested my back flat on the bed.

Upon hearing footsteps, I recalled what happened last night when I came home. I had a bad hungover but I faintly remember the events from last year.

"Go away, please." This headache was bad enough but I also had to deal with him.

"Good morning to you, too. I slept well. Thank you for asking."

I glared at him. This wasn't a time for his humour. He handed me two aspirins and a glass of water. I greedily snatched it from him and had it done in seconds handing the glass back to him.

"I feel like boulder hit me." I groaned and held my head.

"A night out drinking can do that." I reminded her.

"And who's fault is that?" I gave him a dark glare.

Vikram got into bed with me. It was really sweet of him to take care of me but I really didn't want to talk now.

"Vikram...thank you for taking care of me but you should leave now."

"I'm not going anywhere. You're not feeling well."

"Vikram please! I don't want to see you right now. Leave. Get out." I hissed under my breath.

"No!" He said firmly. "I'm not going anywhere until you are able to stand on your own two feet."

I narrowed my eyes. He wasn't helping the situation.

"I meant what I said at your house." I didn't want him to leave. I was lying to myself. I really just needed Vikram to take care of me but I can't handle it.

"And I meant what I said last night." I can't. That was his answer.

I tried to get out of bed to create space between us but he pulled me by my waist back onto the bed.

"I'm trying to help you here." He explained.

"I don't need any help. I'm perfectly fine by myself. Alone. Whenever I most needed someone. Whenever I depended on someone. Whenever I started to trust someone. They always left me alone. My dad left me. He left me. Mom left me. And at one point, you will too." I snapped.

I crawled back beneath the sheets. My eyes reflection the pain I've been through from my tears.

"I won't leave you." I rolled my eyes.

"They all say that. They all leave. What do you want from me?" I shouted.

He reached for my hand. "I want you and I'm not hear to leave."

I snatched my hand away from his.

"You're playing with me. I don't want to fall for this shit again." I growled.

"I'm not playing, I want you sweetheart." My eyes popped open. Sweetheart?

With that word, my anger grow to a level that crashed me years ago. To hear that name again, I couldn't stop. I stood up, turning around to face him. My face was red and I felt an extensive amount of heat coming out. He followed by also getting out of bed, turning his body towards me.

"DON'T CALL ME SWEETHEART. YOU BASTARD! STAY AWAY FROM ME! YOU RUINED MY LIFE. THE ONLY SUPPORT ME AND MY MOM HAD LEFT IN LIFE ABANDONED US BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU DID. YOU MADE ME LOOK LIKE A SLUT AND A WHORE WHO WAS SELLING HERSELF SHORT JUST SO YOU COULD GET A GOOD LAUGH. I HATE YOU. DON'T CALL ME SWEETHEART. DON'T-"