Chapter 1: Kendall, Living It Big Time.

Kendall has been having a blast with Heffron Drive. After they decided to take a break from Big Time Rush, he went home to Kansas, back to his family just to relax for a while before he jumped back into Heffron Drive with Dustin.

=Kansas=

When he landed in Wichita, Kendall took a rental car and drove to his parent's house. When he got thee he was met with a big surprise. His entire family, grandparents were all gathered at his house for a big welcome home party. He was excited to see all of his family and it made coming back home that much better. He enjoyed it so much.

...

He spent time with his parents and with his brothers. He spent a lot of time with his brothers going to places where they use to hangout when they were younger, reliving the good old days.

...

He was able to just rest and relax which did him wonders and he was also able to re-unite with a few of his old friends. He went to every family event that was held because he wanted to experience what it felt like being around his family again and he loved every second of it. He spent a lot of time at his grandparent's house too.

~3 Weeks Later~

Kathy: Honey, do you really have to leave so soon?

Kendall: Yes mom. Being back has been amazing but I really need to get back to Los Angeles, to Dustin and to Heffron Drive. We want to see what we can do with the band now that Big Time Rush is on a break.

Kathy: But you'll have to come visit soon, we've all really missed you.

K: Definitely, I've missed you all too.

Kathy: Good. Do you need a ride to the airport?

K: No, Kenneth and Kevin are taking me since I took the rental car back.

Kathy: Okay, good bye then son. I love you so much. (She said giving him a hug and a kiss on the cheek before letting him go)

K: I love you too mom and I will really miss you.

Kathy: You better.

K: Where's dad? (He smiled)

Kathy: Out back.

K: Okay, I'll go say bye to him quickly.

Kathy: Take care of yourself, okay baby.

K: I will mom. (He said giving her one last hug and going out back to see his father)

...

K: I'm leaving now dad and I wanted to come say bye.

Keith: For how long this time?

K: I don't really know dad but I promise to come visit you all soon.

Keith: Okay, who's taking you to the airport?

K: Kenneth and Kevin.

Keith: Okay. Enjoy yourself and be safe, son. (He smiled before hugging Kendall)

K: I will dad, I love you.

Keith: I love you too, son.

Kendall left his father and went to find his brothers who were waiting for him outside of the car already. Kendall had to sit at the back because he was the youngest.

Kenneth: What took you so long, your plane leaves in an hour and a half?

K: I had to say bye to mom and dad and mom was being emotional.

Kevin: Typical mo, right?

K: Yeah, they both made me promise to come and visit soon.

Kenneth: You should, we miss out little brother too. (He said as they started driving)

K: I miss you guys too and I'll definitely come back soon.

Kenneth: Good.

Kevin: Have you heard from the other guys yet?

K: Yes. I got a call from James and a text from Carlos.

Kevin: What about Logan?

K: I don't know, we haven't been in contact yet and his phone is off whenever we try calling.

Kenneth: What's up, is something wrong?

K: No one knows but we're guessing that he just unplugged because he's relaxing and he'll call us back in a little while.

Kenneth: Well then don't worry about it.

K: I'm not.

Kevin: We know you Kendall, you need to focus on Heffron Drive now for a bit.

Kenneth: And we know that he's your best friend and the two of you are close but I'm sure he's okay.

K: I know but it's just hard going from talking and seeing him every day to not knowing what he's doing?

Kenneth: I know but I'm sure that everything is okay.

They talked for a while longer until they got to the airport and all three of them left the car to help Kendall with his luggage. There were a couple of BTR fans at the airport asking for autographs and pictures and Kendall was happy to oblige, even making small conversations with them. Ten minutes later and they got to the security gate where the brothers said good bye and Kendall promised to call them the second he landed. He arrived in Los Angeles a couple of hours later and Dustin was waiting for him. He called Kenneth to tell him that he landed and to tell the rest but ended up speaking to them all one by one and after a ten minute phone call, he quickly texted Logan again before joining Dustin in his car.

~2 Months Later~

Kendall and Dustin were busy booking gigs and planning tours which had both of them very excited. They didn't mind that they had the extra work because they were both doing something that the both of them liked.

Kendall received a call from Logan saying that he was in Texas busy relaxing before he got into anything else again so Kendall's mind was at ease and after that they stayed in regular contact, through calls, texts and e-mail and Kendall was fine with that. He just wanted to remain in constant contact with his best friends whom he still asked for advice at times.

All in all, Kendall was enjoying himself with everything that he was doing.

And then the phone call came.