Lava

He cradled her lifeless body in his arms and buried his face in the crook of her neck, tears beginning to fill his eyes.

He had lost her, his heart ached more deeply than he ever thought possible. All he could do was just sit there and hold her unmoving body. Then Trubel gasped, making Nick jump. He could've sworn his heart skipped a beat, as joy and relief filled him. She sucked in deep breaths, coughing every now and then.

"What'd I miss?" She looked up at him groggily.

"You're alive." He exclaimed, pulling her closer and holding her tight.

"You died. Y...you were dead." His voice was muffled by her jacket.

"Well, its ok, I'm very much alive now." She patted him in the back.

Nick pulled away and without thinking, he planted a kiss on her lips, to his surprise, she returned it. She smiled up at him as they pulled away. He gave her several more kissed in the lips and face.

"Wow, I should die more often." She joked.

Monroe and Rosalee were starting to stir.

Trubel looked up at Nick, still in his arms.

"So where do we go from here?" Nick asked.

"I think we should start with getting a new door." She laughed.

"It is getting pretty drafty in here." He joked with a smile.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Trubel ran the towel over her hair, as she stepped out of the bathroom. The mirror was still fogged up from the shower she had just taken. She tossed the towel in the hamper and started down the stairs. Trubel paused two steps down as she heard hysterical laughter coming from the living room. She continued down the stairs and couldn't help but laugh as she walked into the living room. Her husband stood on the couch their 4 year old son in his arms.

"Why are we standing on the furniture?" Trubel used her 'mother voice'.

"The floor is made of lava!" Nick exclaimed dramatically.

"Mommy, quickly you'll get burnt!" Little Eddie yelled.

Seeing Nick and her little boy, Trubel couldn't resist, she jumped up on the nearest chair.

"Whew, that was scary." She played along.

"No mommy your chair is sinking." Eddie pretended.

"Oh no!" She gasped.

"What are we going to do!?" Eddie looked up at Nick.

"I'll save her." Nick spoke in an exaggerated tone.

Nick set a giggling Eddie down and jumped from the couch to the coffee table, then to a chair. He jumped from the chair on other chair that Trubel stood on. He swept her up bridle style, she squealed as he did.

"My hero!" She dramatized, looking up at him.

Nick jumped all the way back, still carrying Trubel.

"Mommy's saved!" Eddie yelled triumphantly between giggles.

They all collapsed on the couch, laughing hysterically.