Powers

Chapter 9

Hazel POV

''prove it!'' some black haired girl from Slytherin yelled. ''you just saw Percy slay some sort of monster with a ballpoint sword, isn't that enough?'' a Hufflepuff boy said.

After some exchanges of words from table to table, Clarisse. ''only two out of us six have special powers, but I think they will gladly demonstrate'' she said in an annoyed tone.

Percy and Hazel looked at each other and sighed. She took a step forward. She felt many riches and valuables. Then she concentrated on something that was located in a tower. She felt it coming closer. Suddenly in her hand was a sword.

There were many gasps. Not only had she retrieved a sword but also the old sorting hat. ''how is this possible, only a true Gryffindor can retrieve Godric's sword'' McGonagall said. ''Dumbledore?''

Then the hat spoke ''she could have been a Gryffindor, but I placed her in Slytherin due to her powers'' it said. Hazel thought back to the sorting. It said she was better of in Slytherin because she could manipulate the mist.

After some murmuring, Hazel stepped back to let Percy demonstrate. ''actually, it would be better if I demonstrate outside.'' He said walking towards the door.

They were all by the lake. Everybody was murmuring, wondering about what he was about to do. You could see a little smirk on Percy's face. He lifted his fist. The water followed his movements. Hazel felt the same power she felt a year ago, when he arrived at Camp Jupiter.

People wowed and gasped. Percy let go of the water and bowed. ''show off'' could be heard many places through the crowd. Even from Annabeth.

''what is this?'' the high-pitched voice said in the background. ''I was supposed to have fifth year, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. Where is my class?'' Umbridge asked. ''Dumbledore, you know the ministry do not accept this.''

#}