x | la push

Angela was prodding Jade awake early Saturday morning. It was one of the first mornings Jade had actually awoken rested. She thanked Alice for that and her pressure to start focusing on having positive visions. Jade was starting slow, with trying her awareness with her daily agenda; if she could successfully see her day it would wear away at the looming dangers that tried to harass her.

"What time is it?"

"Nine, we still have time." Jade reached for her backpack, picking out her clothes for the day and excusing herself to Angela's bathroom. It was her first sleepover in Forks and Carly couldn't of been anymore ecstatic than she was. Jade credited that to Carly going on weekend fishing trips with Charlie and his friends. Nothing in her life would ever be as boring as that. Jade brushed her teeth and moved back in the direction of Angela's room.

It was sunny outside and Angela's beetle sparkled under the sun's low gleam. They met up outside of Mike's parent's sports shop. Mike and Jessica were the only ones there when they showed up the rest arriving not long afterwards. Ben slid next to Angela talking with the two girls about checking out the tidal pools.

Jade kept an open eye for Lauren Mallory. The girl coming onto her radar after her rude comments yesterday directed at herself and Bella. Today Lauren's glare faltered under Jade's intense stare down. If Jade was notable for anything it was her poker face. Tuning back into Ben's lively chatter she realized he was asking Angela about their colors for the dance.

Bella Swan was apprehensively stepping in the direction of the three. Jade breathed out in relief separating from the starting couple.

"Morning," she slid her hands into her pockets noticing Bella was extending her hands for the sunlight. She knew enough about Bella to understand she adored the sun. "Excited for today?"

"Mhm, I hope the sun stays with us." Bella's lips spread into a thin smile.

"You came!" Mike called in their direction. He seemed excited as well for the sunlight, sporting a pair of shorts and thin long sleeve. "And I said it would be sunny today, didn't I?"

"I told you I was coming," Bella's soft voice responded, blushing under Jade's teasing grin. It was no surprise that Jade would remember his crush.

"We're just waiting for Lee and Samantha . . . unless you invited someone." Mike's voice was calculated with a slight hopefulness.

"Nope," Bella had a pitch to her voice; it luckily went unnoticed.

"Will you ride in my car? It's that or Lee's mom's minivan. And I told Jade earlier she could ride with me." Bella exhaled, once more smiling gently.

"Sure."

"You can have shotgun, sorry Jade." Mike shot a grin in her direction. Jade wasn't insulted, more or less thrilled that Mike wasn't as enthralled with her as he was Bella. Jade wasn't interested in the male species at this stage in her life. Maybe there was a possible lie to her thought process but she wasn't about to admit she thought anyone was more than just a pretty face.

She ended up shoved in the back between Eric and Angela. Jessica played with the radio the entire ride and the rest of the occupants chatted aimlessly about what they planned to do at the beach. The beach like most things in Forks and La Push was just beyond the thick wooded forests. It was a slim expanse of land that was grounded with gray stones; the water was a dark gray blending into the rocky shoreline.

Narrowing her eyes as she descended behind the others she was interrupted by the short lived laugh of Talia. The girl was just ahead of her with her arm wrapped around Lauren. Her dark eyes were lively as she whispered into the girl's ear giving a dark look in Jade's direction. Even with the apparent evilness Jade thought Talia was beautiful. She was definitely a stand out figure in the community. Her hair was a darker brunette with tight curls that flowed down her back. Her skin was the smoothest chocolate that was clear of any blemishes. Once more Jade felt insecure about her appearance. Her poker face was faltering and she hurried to catch up with Angela and Ben.