"Father will come home today, we need to prepare the house"

At nine AM the next morning, Alyssa opened the door to Luke's room with her own key and found him sound asleep. Jennifer had already lit the fire again, and a hot breakfast was waiting for Luke to wake up. She shook him awake and smiled brightly when he opened his eyes. "Oh finally. Here, Melissa's made breakfast for you. Go eat. There's a lot to do!" Luke looked around the room confused, then seemed to realise what had happened, and started eating his breakfast. Alyssa had already eaten her breakfast earlier, and she'd washed and dressed herself directly after getting up at eight. She turned to Jennifer. "Harry told me that father will come home today, we need to prepare the house, tell my mother's maids to prepare her as well, I'll figure out what to do with Luke." Jenny nodded and left immediately. "Wait, your dad's coming home today? Shit, I gotta go, I have to go." He tried to get up from the bed but Alyssa pushed him down. "Nope, you aren't leaving. If I let you leave now, you will be back to your original state within two weeks. Might be I could keep you here as a servant though, father might agree... No, I guess I'll just have to confess. But when he comes home, you have to look ill. Make sure you pretend to be asleep when he comes in, everything will be okay. I have to go prepare everything for him. Have you had enough breakfast or would you like some more?" Luke grinned sheepishly, not used to being bossed around like this, and nodded. "I'd like some more if that's possible."

Alyssa strode out of the room, giving commands to the servants while she was rushing down the main stair. "Oh and Olivia, tell Melissa to prepare some more food for Luke, he's still hungry. And also some food for father, he might be hungry as well." The whole house was in turmoil, with lower maids cleaning and watering plants, and her own three maids rushing around to tell everyone what to do. "The tapestry in the dining room must be very clean. Mother's salon as well. And father's own quarters have to be fit for him to reside in. Maddy, go check if Luke needs anything, and tell him that if father asks, his name is Lucas Hart, not Luke." Why had her father given her such a short time to prepare everything? "Caro, go ask Melissa and her ladies to prepare a feast for tonight, five courses, perhaps a stuffed duck. I think mother and Lucas might join." 

She ran to her father's wardrobe and picked a dress suit that was way too small for her father, he hadn't worn it in years and she didn't think he'd remember it. "Jennifer, take this to Lucas." The girl took the suit from her arms and took it to the room. It had already been cleaned before, so no one was there except for Luke, who was happily eating his new food and sipping tea. "Lucas, miss Alyssa sent me with this dress suit. She is very busy herself, so she hopes you don't mind much that she sent me. How are you?" Luke looked at the suit approvingly. "It's beautiful." The suit was very dark brown and looked like it was made from some sort of wool. "Won't it be too big, though?" Jennifer shrugged. "Only way you can see that is by putting it on. Come on, get up from that bed!" Lucas got up and put on the suit as quick as he could - which wasn't quick at all. "What material is this?" Jenny pulled up an eyebrow and touched the sleeve. "I think it's tweed, but that's not something I can be sure of. More importantly, so far it fits quite okay. It's a little too long, but I think you look like a real gentleman."

Lucas grinned at his reflection in the mirror, fumbling at the sleeve button to keep the sleeve from falling completely over his hand. "It matches my eyes, look!" Lucas turned around, checked what the suit looked like from behind, turned yet again, burst out in laughter and sat on the bed, practically howling with laughter. "Are you okay, Luke?" He laughed it out before answering. "I'm fabulous, just look at me! I look like a gentleman, me!" He ran towards her like a little kid and hugged her tight. "I never even dreamed of looking like this!" Jenny laughed as well. Honestly, he looked completely out of place, drowned in the richness of the suit, with messy hair, barefoot even, but the smile drew all of her attention away from that. "Your hair is a mess though, I will fix it for you. Come here." She grabbed a comb and divided the mess into two uneven parts, smoothing it. Then she ran a hand through his hair, and combed it again. "This is much better. Now, wash your face in the bathroom, I'll ask miss Alyssa to come take a look."