Our Coffee Shop

One day Sidney Crosby was walking down the streets of Pittsburgh. It was a cold day, the sky was cloudy and the wind was strong. He wrapped his jacket tighter around him and pulled his toque down to cover his ears. He could see the small coffee shop in the distance and was glad he was almost there. As he stopped at a red light he watched the people crossing the street. He spotted a familiar face in the crowd and saw the tall man walking towards the coffee shop. The walk sign came on and Sidney walked down the street, slowly catching up with the man. He was wearing a black jacket, and a black hat. He started to walk faster as he didn’t want to lose him. The familiar figure stopped and turned to open the coffee shop door. He caught up with him then and walked in after him. The man walked up to the counter and Sid watched him curiously. He saw him order two coffees as he sat down at a booth in the corner. He took his toque off and fixed his hat hair. As he looked back up at the counter he noticed the man wasn’t there anymore. He turned around to see him standing beside his booth. He flinched a little, frightened by the figure. He squinted to see who the familiar looking man was. “Geno!?" Sid heard Genos low chuckle. “How Sid know it’s me?" Geno asked curiously as he sat down, handing Sidney one of the coffees he had ordered. “It’s not hard to notice a tall russian in the streets of Pittsburgh Geno" Sid said and then thanking him for the coffee. “I knew you’d be here Sid" Geno said. Sid laughed then and took a sip of his coffee. They stayed there for a while talking about everything and anything until they were both ready to go home. Geno joined Sidney on his walk home, until they were at the crosswalk where they both would part to go separate ways. “Bye Geno, see you at practice tomorrow?" Sid asked. “Yes, I see you too" Geno smiled. “Okay bye, and thank you for the coffee" Sid said. “No problem Sid, goodbye" he said as he walked towards his street. Sidney turned walking home in the opposite direction, he pulled his toque down over his ears as he shivered. It was a good day off.