Chapter 10

~ Tide ~

Trusting Noel wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

It has been two months since I told him about my brothers and who I truly am. It has been two months since he said he'd help me look for Hemlock and he's kept his promise. All of our first ideas on where Hemlock could be sleeping were not successful.

Despite these disappointments, our relationship has blossomed into a friendship. And since trusting is a key part in any friendship, I've allowed myself to trust Noel more fully than I did before.

"Maybe," Noel says, bringing me out of my thoughts, "seeing where you were found would help?" I shrug.

"At this point, I'll try anything." I respond. We've been at a lost on where to check next for a while now, so any ideas are welcome with open arms.

"Okay. I'll meet you at the car in a few minutes." He says before disappearing down the hall. I glance back at the book in my hands. I hadn't even finished the first chapter.

Sighing softly, I bookmark my place and stand up. I stretch my tired muscles before walking to the door. I grab my shoes and slip them on. It takes me a few minutes to successfully tie them. When I finish, I grin at then proudly.

"And you said you couldn't do it." A teasing voice makes my grin widen. I look up at Noel and stick my tongue out childishly.

"Shut up." I stand and wait for Noel to put on his shoes before following him to the car. I get in as he unlocks it and does the same. He fastens the seatbelt across his body; unintentionally reminding me to do the same.

As we drive away from the house, I look over at Noel. "So how far away is it?" Noel's gaze flicks to me and a small smile graces his lips.

"About thirty to forty five minutes." He replies. I nod and look out the window at the passing scenery. Comfortable silence fills the car for a few moments before the human breaks it. "So I was wondering if you would want to watch Age of Ultron when we get back."

I grin, turning to him. "Definitely. I'm ready to watch my favorite." Ever since Noel introduced me to the Avengers, I've been hooked.

My favorite Avenger is the Hulk, or Bruce Banner. Ever since I watched the scene where he told a certain villain he was a "puny god" the green guy has held my favor.
Noel doesn't share my love though. He prefers Iron Man.

"I still don't understand why you like him when the Iron Man exists." Noel states. I roll my eyes.

"And I don't understand how you could like the Avenger whose only reason for being on the team is a suit of metal." I retort. Noel gasps as if I just injured him.

"Excuse you. Iron Man could beat the Hulk's a*s." He says. I know he's teasing me, but I can't help but fall for it anyway.

"Have you not watched the movie the Hulk? It doesn't matter what Tiny Stark builds. Everything he shoots at him will only make the Hulk stronger.

The Hulk wouldn't be affected by Iron Man's hand beams or even his chest beam. Tony Stark may be a genius but I doubt he could win a battle against a person who gets stronger regardless of what you hit him with.

He wouldn't even be injured if a building were to fall on top of him, so there's no way one man could single handedly take down the Hulk." I finish. After a second or two, I blush and look away.

"Sorry for rambling." I mutter, fidgeting a bit. Noel laughs.

"Don't be. I like your voice." I look up at these words; remembering the kiss we shared what it feels like years ago. His eyes flicker to mine and I know he's thinking about the same thing.