Chapter 2 (Getting ready for Prom)

I lay in my room thinking of what I was going to wear for prom. All of a sudden I hear a bang on the door, my mum rushes to answer it and I hear Hazel's voice "hi Mrs Pierson, i've brought something for Karma"

I was confused. What did she have to give me?

"She's in her room, go on right up" I hear my mum reply. I sat up on my bed, listening to the sound of Hazel's footsteps walking up the stairs. She reaches the landing and I hear a knock! Knock! Knock! On my bedroom door, "come in!" I shout. Hazel enters my room and I stare at her in awe. She looks incredible!

She takes a seat on my small black desk chair and crosses one leg over the other. Her beautiful red hair cascades down her shoulders like a waterfall. Her skin was white as snow, her eyes a calming grey. Her dark eye make up makes them stand out more than usual. She's wearing a short purple dress, its puffy from the waist down, black netted fabric sits at the bottom underneath the top layer of purple. She has suspenders hanging down from either side of her, her legs are like porceline and she wears black studded boots with a 1 inch heel.

She carries a large purple bag with her and sits it on her lap. "Karma, I have something for you" she says with a smirk. "What is it?" I ask nervously. She stands up, unfolding her perfect, silk like legs and places the bag infront of me on the bed. "Open it" she says, enthusiastically. I unzip the bag and pull out a beautiful red tarten dress with a black ribbon at the front tied in a corset style way. I gasp as I hold it up infront of my eyes. "Its gorgeous!" I say. I feel something at the bottom of the bag, studded boots, similar to the ones Hazel is wearing, and a pair of fish net tights.

"Quickly, put them on!" Hazel hurries me. I pull down my black ripped skinny jeans and my spoungebob socks, sit on my bed and pull the fish net tights over my feet. I stand up and pull them above my stomach. After, I take of my Iron Man jumper and pull the dress over my head. Hazel walks over to help me with the zip at the back. "There you go, perfect!" She says, "thanks Hazel" I reply in a thankful tone.

Hazel rummages through her larch purple bag and pulls out her make up kit. "Sit sit!" She says, ushering me to my desk chair. "I can do my own make up Hazel" I say, trying not to sound so dependant on her. "It's fine, I love doing your make up" she responds in her cheery voice. First she pulls out her foundation and puts a couple dollops on her hand and uses a brush to apply it to my face.

About 30 minutes later, she finishes off my lipstick, steps back and take a look at me and smiles. "You look stunning!" she says, pushing my chair to the mirror. I stand up out of the  chair and stand infront the mirror admiring the dress and my make up. Hazel did an amazing job. I smooth the dress down with my hands, and move my hair out of my face. I look beautiful. "You did a great job" I say, praising Hazel. "I know! 1 whole summer of my sisters make up lessons really paid off huh?" She says proudly. "Definately" I say, still amazed at what shes done.

I walk over to my desk and check the time. 3:57pm just over 2 hours till prom starts. I go in the bottom draw of my desk and pull out my curling iron. I sit on the floor infront of my mirror curling my hair whilst Hazel is stood above me making sure her hair is perfect.

40 minutes later i'm finished. I spray some hairspray on my hair to hold it in place. Just as I think i'm ready, Hazel gasps and says "oh wait! One more thing!" She goes into her bag and pulls out 2 black leather studded bracelets. She hands me one and I hold it in my hand, the inside has words printed in a faint gold "Karma, my best friend! Have a great prom! Love Hazel x" I look up to see my best friend staring at me with a smile. I leap into her arms and say thank you. We both put ours on for prom.

Just as I buckle up my bracelete, I hear a cars horn beep outside. I look out my window and see a black American stretch limo.

Me and Hazel make our way downstairs, get a few photos taken by our parents and get into the limo to go to prom!

Here we go!