1- Washed Up

A/N If you expect rushed romance and parties all the time, then you've come to the wrong book. This story has romance (obviously) but there is also action. There is also a tad of humor in it.

Yes, it is fantasy as well but please don't expect a vampire story or a werewolf cliche. I have an original creature I have created in this.

This chapter may be moving a little too fast for your taste but everything that happens in this chapter is supposed to happen at this pace. This chapter may seem a bit boring but I can assure you that it gets better. Chapter by chapter, this story evolves. By chapter 4, people usually get entranced. I hope you will take the time to reach that chapter XD You will not regret it :D Enjoy and tell me what you think :)

P.S. If you don't have the patience for long chapters, you might as well leave; the shortest chapters in this story are 3 pages. I'm just trying to make my chapters as long as an actual book.

Thank you for reading.

I heard the seagulls above me screeching deeply. The noise was irritating but somehow comforting. I brought my head up from the salty sand and suddenly, a chill crept up my spine. A sharp wave hit my toes, freezing them. My eyes burned from the bright, rising sun. I blinked numerous times before trying to rise from the sand. My bones ached and being as weak as they were, I fell straight back onto my stomach. 

I curled up into a ball and shut my eyes tightly, hoping and praying I'd somehow wake up from this dream. The noise of somebody running down the beach caused me to twitch awake. I turned my head toward the noise as a gust of wind hit my hair, blowing it away from my oval face. I squinted.

The little girl was slender and short. Her dark hair blew in her face as she ran faster towards me. She almost tripped when she reached me. She stopped abruptly and started to regulate her breathing while staring at me. I examined her fair face. Her golden eyes looked surprised.

We were silent and a wave hit my body all the way up to my thighs. I winced and eagerly endeavored to get up again. It was as if my body was glued to the floor. The little girl watched me in awe. Then from a distance, I heard a man call out a name. 

"Cherish!" The man’s voice was rough and deep. The girl flinched then turned around reluctantly and yelled back, "Daddy come, hurry!" 

I looked around, puzzled. The beach was empty and seemed to be secluded from the rest of the town. The bright sand glistened in the morning sun. The sky was a mesmerizing shade of purple and red mixed together. What a magnificent beauty.

When I grunted, the little girl glanced at me with surprise written all over her face. 

"Are you a mermaid?" she asked, twirling her hair with a thin finger. She crawled closer to me and cocked her head to the left, causing her straight, brown hair to wave. I examined the little girl’s pink outfit. Different color hearts covered most of her shirt. By the little girl’s face, size and outfit, I would say she was about the age of six, seven at the most.

"Huh?" I replied looking at my legs. Yep, still legs. They were covered by black leggings. I examined my whole body and I was wearing a black and white laced dress. When I rubbed my head, I felt a black hat, tied by a black ribbon, to complete the whole Goth look. 

"Are you a Goth?" she asked me in awe. She bit her lip and widened her eyes. A Goth?

"Me? I am not a-" I snapped before getting cut off by the man’s voice.

"Cherish! Get away from that girl!" the man yelled, sprinting towards us. I watched as the man flew towards us with a pounding head. What was happening? I started to panic. The man was wearing a black leather jacket and blue jeans.