29- Burned

A/N Yes, i said i wouldnt update this week but i couldnt help myself XD this is a very intense chapter and you have to pay very close attention, may even reread to get what's going on. get ready for the CLIMAX OF THE BOOK. Three chapters left of this story. So there are probably going to be 32 chapters in this book. (my fist complete book) XD so excited. i wrote this whole chapter when i came back from school today. im so tired XD

I'm sorry this chapter is shorter than the rest but i hope you enjoy it~

“Ember, how was the play?” Sam called from his study. I listened to his chair swivel towards his doorway. He took a good look at me. When he met eyes with me, his smile melted into a frown. I waved at him, trying to get his attention off of my face. But his stare wouldn’t avert.

“I didn’t exactly finish the play,” I smiled, cocking my head to the right.

“How did you get home?” he asked with a concerned tone.

“Hunter,” was all I said before walking up the stairs to my room. I really didn’t want to see Omar when he would come. I couldn’t deal with it now. I couldn’t answer questions; I already had one main one lingering in my head; Trevor.

I threw myself onto my bed and moaned. A soft pillow rested on my face, giving off a comfortable feel.

“Trevor…” I whispered, barely audible. “Trevor…” I whispered again, my voice muffled by the plush pillow. I hit my bed with my fist, letting my anger out.

What did Trevor have to tell me? Surely it would be important. I needed to know what was going on. I had waited for so long. I was dying for answers and didn’t have a choice. I was going to his house tomorrow, even if he was a murderer…

I felt myself dozing off. Just as I was in between consciousness and unconsciousness, footsteps brought me to my senses. I sucked in a quick breath before turning to my door eagerly.

“Cherish,” I sighed, falling back onto my bed.

“Ember…” Cherish said, plopping herself on my bed. I felt the bed shake as she shuffled, trying to get comfortable. Just when I felt a poke, I jumped up.

“What?” I hissed.

Her brow was creased and her light brown eyes were tired. She hugged her teddy bear and brought her close to her heart. She shut her eyes and smiled widely. I elbowed her softly in the ribs. Her smile widened even more.

“Daddy’s alone…”

“Huh?” I asked, confused. I started to rub her back soothingly. I continued with my pattern of rubbing until he spoke, a smile still on her face.

“She’s gone…” she laughed softly and quietly. Something sharp hit me. I clasped my chest with my hand. Was this poor, feeble little girl talking about her mother?

“Oh, Cherish…” I trailed off, not knowing what to say. If I said anything out of line, it would be all over. “I know…” I muttered, the words slipping from my lips. Me and my big mouth.

“Y-you do?” she asked, lowering her teddy bear and connecting eyes with me. I should really learn to be quiet once in a while. My stomach gurgled. I nodded slowly.

“Yeah; I found out shortly after I came here,” I sighed.

“Huh?”

I turned to her.

“W-wait, what are you talking about?” I asked, dumbfounded.

“My daddy doesn’t love her anymore.” Cherish spouted a smile. Did she mean the woman that had caused all the problems? The woman that had caused Cherish’s depression? This statement somehow created a strong feeling of rapture in the atmosphere.