Chapter 1

(Pic of Adrian above)
"Mom, I'm home from work" I yelled up the stairs.

My name is Adrian, most people call me Adri. I work at the dinner down the street called Francesca's. It's a cute small building on the corner of 44th street.

"Ok sweetie, can you please pick up your little sister from school" she yelled back

"Sure, can I at least take a shower first" I groaned

"Yes, but a quick one you have to be at the school by 3:00" she said

I walked up the creaky wooden stairs and walked in too my blue and black room. Since we don't have that big of a house my sister Maddison and I share a room.

I slip off my grey joggers and white sports bra, I leaped into the shower and  grabbed the white dove soap.I lathered up my skin and rinsed off.

I then grabbed my head&shoulders shampoo and washed my very curly hair. Because my mom is African American and my dad is Caucasian I have long curly hair and I absolutely hate it.

It's so hard to manage and its get so tangled when it dries if you don't comb it. I finished washing my hair and stepped out the steamy shower. I took my white soft towel off the hook and wrapped it around my body.

I went to my wooden vanity and opened my top drawer. I pulled out some lace underwear and a black bra. I moved down a drawer and pulled out some black leggings and a blue crop top . I put on all my clothing and went to my closet I put on black high top converse.

I then walked to my bathroom and put on some makeup: mascara, eyeliner, and some lipgloss. I don't really wear too much makeup. I walk down the dark empty hallway and walk to my moms room.

"Mom, I'm about to leave I'll be back in an hour" I tell her.

She gave me a thumbs up in return for my statement. I walked back down the dark hallway and the creepy steps. And twisted the golden rusted doorknob to let myself out.

I walked 2 blocks to the subway station and waited for my train. Once the train came I got on and sat down on the cold white seats.I opened and fished through my black purse and pulled out my tangled white apple headphones.

I put them in my ears and turned on "Drunk texting"by Chris Brown. I started going over dance choreography in my head and mentally reminded myself to record a routine. Once it's was my stop I put my phone and my headphones back in my purse and stood up off the cold seat.
*****
"Adri"my little sister screamed as she ran too me.

"Hey Maddy how was school" I uttered as it grabbed her hand and led her towards the subway station

"It was good, Where's Mommy?" She asked me.

" home" I casually replied.
*****
"Adri" my sister said.

"Mhmm" I hummed.

" How come ever since daddy left mommy always stays in her room" she asked as we walked in to the large subway car.

" Well I don't know baby" I replied.
She has this look in her face the told me that she was thinking of every possibility that could happen.

"Is daddy dead" she asked.

"No" I screamed much louder than I needed too causing people to turn their heads and look at us.

"Sorry" she whispered

"It's alright, daddy fine" I said as I comforted her.