6 -

She woke up to the sounds of screaming coming from outside. What the hell is going on? Alexa ran downstairs, not caring that she was in a pair of cotton pyjama shorts and a tank top. The screams were heart wrenching, like the person was being burnt alive.

The screams came from outside. She looked around the house frantically before realising no one was home other then the person screaming. Alexa ran towards the glass door, using her element of air, she quickly opened the door with the force of the wind and stopped dead in her tracks before she could go any closer.

Right there in the training field was Kai and a boy who was just a few years younger then him. Kai was shooting fire balls around the boy who was absolutely terrified of him.

"Stop!" Alexa screamed as she ran towards the boy. Kai clenched his jaw, he was furious that she had interrupted him.

"Want to take his place?" Kai smirked, refusing to show how much her rude interruption had affected him.

Alexa immediately shook her head. "Just leave him!" Her head darted towards the boy behind her. He had blonde hair and striking blue eyes. He had a baby face which could melt anyone's heart. But not Kai. His heart was as cold as ice, with no feelings towards anyone and anything.

"Leave him!" Alexa screamed as Kai ignored her presence. As she continued to scream, the winds picked up... More stronger then Kai had ever seen them.

Alexa glanced at Kai, her eyes turning into white, blending in with the rest of her eye. Alexas feet were planted into the ground, while her long jet black hair flew all over the place, whipping her face, shoulders and back.

"ALEXA." A loud roar came from the other side of the house. The wind immediately died down and Kai's expression was filled with surprise and coldness.. Like he could murder Alexa at any moment.

Alexa began shaking, fear and shock taking over her body. What just happened? She darted her head towards the side as her eyes widened. Noel, Brandon's step-father was gripping the glass door, as if trying not to fly away.

"I'm sorry." She whispered to the boy behind her as she dodged Noel and Kai's stares before running upstairs into her room.

Alexa grabbed her phone and called the last person she would ever call. "I need help, Joey." Alexa whispered as she slammed her back against the closed closet door and slid down, bringing her knees closer to her chest for comfort.

"Alexa?" Joey whispered in a panicked and rushed voice. Alexa nodded, before realising he couldn't see her. "Ye-Yes. It's me. I need your help again."

But before, she could continue on, her bedroom door slammed open and there stood a furious Kai. Alexa dropped the phone and immediately ended the call, she began shaking again.

Alexa wanted to scream, to talk, to say something, but she couldn't.

"Watch out, I know you're hiding something and I will find out." Kai whispered, his hands flaming up. He was trying to control his anger which terrified Alexa even more.

Before Alexa could even open her mouth to say something, the door slammed behind Kai, a crack forming in the middle of the door from Kai's strength.

Alexa pulled out a plastic container and carefully pulled out the thin needle that saved her life every single day.

She grabbed her belt and wrapped it around her arm tightly and securely before quickly and painfully sliding the needle into her skin. She placed a t-shirt between her mouth and screamed in pain. The liquid now running through her veins, she sighed and untied the belt. This was her medicine, she couldn't live without her little needle. It calmed her down and allowed her to think properly.

She pulled out her phone and called Joey. "They're talking about it again! Just like you said they would! They keep talking about a secret that I don't know about! I'm scared, Joey." Alexa spoke in a hushed tone. She could imagine Joey's angered face.

"I knew you should've stayed with me." Joey gritted his teeth and grabbed his bag, he slammed his fist on his office table and stared at the city view from the large window that covered a whole wall in this office. Oh, Alexa. What am I going to do this time?

"I'm an elemental, Joey. I control air." Alexa grinned slightly, feeling powerful but a tad scared about her power.

Joey sighed in relief and nodded. Joey was her uncle, her mothers brother. Cathy, Alexas mother and Joey were inseparable. They were siblings but also bestfriends. Joey had promised to protect and take care of Alexa but his new job in the city and new lifestyle had been a barrier between their relationship.

"I'm visiting you tonight." Joey spoke through the phone and ended it before Alexa could reply.

Come to the castle?! They don't even know who he is! Oh, this is bad, Alexa thought, rubbing her temples.