Missile-toe

"That's is seriously the most hideous and repulsive sweater I have ever laid my eyes on, Jase."

Groaning in front of his mirror, my friend Jason slouched and covered his face with his hands.
"You promised you wouldn't insult it.."

I took off boots and jumped on his bed.
"Yeah, because that sweater is an insult itself."

"Hey! If you actually helped me pick out a decent sweater, like you PROMISED, we would all be happy right now." He turned around and looked at himself in the mirror. "Is it really that bad?"

To be completely honest, it looks amazing.... It's a deep green sweater that looked so close to the color of what a forest would look like from the space... It actually looks not so great. Well, it looks ok but anything will look amazing on Jason.. He's literally what you would call a "golden boy", or "a blond Peter Pan", or even just a regular "cool jock guy". But contrary to the regular air head, jerky quarterback with a chip on his shoulder from his pushy dad and or demanding coach, he's actually nice and is smarter than the average high school boy.

"Hello? Earth to Marceline, earth to marceline, come in marceline."

But I can't say that, he's my best friend.
"First of all, I told you not to call me that, EVER. And do you really want me to insult you twice? In the same hour? I know I'm mean but that's just rude, even for me."

"Sorry," he mumbled as he took of his sweater. His back facing me as he took a gray sweater off the ground and put it on.

"Why are you so stressed about this sweater anyway?"

He sat down on the edge of the bed by my feet and took a deep breath. "I'm gonna ask someone out, for the Christmas ball"

What?
"What?"

"Yeah," he chuckled lightly, " I mean, I've always liked her but someone finally convinced me to ask her out and stuff, y'know.."

"No I don't!" I sat up and slapped his arm. "Who is she? And does she go to our school? Does she like Green Day? This is important Jase!"

"Shut up!" He grabbed a pillow and threw it to my face. "You'll know who she is by the end I the week, you'll love her! And yes, she loves Green Day AND All Time Low."

"Yes! Ok, but that doesn't explain the sweater disaster.."

"I wanted to look ok when I ask her out ok... Sue me."

"Awwww" I pinched his cheeks and ruffled his hair, "my little boy is growing up so fast."

"Quit it!" He swatted my hand away and stood up. " C'mon, we need to find clothes for the actual ball. You're coming. And were gonna match so if my date bail, we can make it look like we're together." He said as he dragged me out of his room

"We're what?" I asked as I was putting my boots on.

"I mean, not 'together together' just together as in we'll be together for the night. Not that we'll be together for a night and then just 'not' in the morning or.. I mean... It's just.."

"Jase?"

"Yeah?" He asked as i stood next to him by the door.

"I'm messing with you."

"Yeah," he sighed deeply, "of course, I knew that... Right."

"You are so hopeless, no wonder you're still single." I walked pass him and made it downstairs to the living room as he trailed behind me.
"Hey! That's rude! And I don't see you smooching anyone!"