Yule Tied Season

2:24 pm

"If you are not gonna stop laughing right now I will shove my foot so far up your ass, your dentist will be picking my toes from between your teeth." Marsyee said as she furiously tugged on her now frizzy hair.

Nic laughed for another two minutes then composed himself enough to respond

"Ok, you need to find your chill. Why are you freakin out again?" Nic said from Marsyee's bed. He was currently wearing a black sweater two sizes bigger than he is paired up with a really tight sweat pants.

Nic is now Marsyee's new bestfriend since her old best friend, Jason, is now her new boyfriend.
It's crazy.

But right now, Marsyee has a lot more to deal with than her crazy relationship status.

"Dude you have like," Nic reached for his phone from his pockets to check the time, "five more hours till the ball. Just straighten that shit out."

"This shit," Marsyee motioned to her hair, "needs at least a day to be tamed. What am I gonna do? If Jason sees me like this he's gonna-"

"He's gonna probably say you still look beautiful. Seriously. He's so in love with you that anything you do would be cute to him." Nic said as he was scrolling nonchalantly through his phone.

"Yeah. He's probably gonna think I'm cute. A cute ass troll."

Nic groaned and sat up from Marsyee's bed, pocketing his phone once again.
"Ok. That's it. Sit down and shut up."
Nic took out Marsyee's comb and a water bottle spray from the bathroom. An hour of Nic spraying her hair with water and combing endlessly ended up with actually calming Marysee and her hair.

"Can you tell me why you are flipping out? You have a date. And a very hot one at that. You have matching outfits and he practically planned out the entire night already. What's wrong?"

Marsyee took a deep breathe and let it all out.

"That's just it. Nothing's wrong. Nothing's wrong because Jason's done everything right. He planned everything and ever step is so well calculated that I'm scared of messing everything up. What if I ended up taking too much time preparing an we end up late and what if I-"

"That's ridiculous. You're being ridiculous."

"Am I?" One look from Marsyee and Nic knew that she really was worried.

"Look. We both know Jason. He's organized, he's a dork, he's smart and athletic, but most I all, he likes you. A lot. Now stop your worrying and get that make up out from your closet. Thalia's about to come over and she does not like to be kept waiting."

He's right. Marsyee thought. I'm overthinking this. I'm overthinking everything.

"You're right. Sorry. Let me just dry my hair for a while."

-----

5:55 pm

"Oh! Hello Jason. Marsyee's just about to get down. Why don't you join Nic in the kitchen and help yourself with some cookies." Marsyee's mother greeted as she opened the door for Jason.

Jason was wearing a black suit and a white dress shirt inside which makes his golden neck tie stand out.