Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

I throw the covers to the side and my feet touch the cold wooden floor. I tip toe to the "guest" bathroom. After doing my business I undress and step into the shower. I turn the nobs so the water is steaming hot. The water cascades down my back as I soap up my loofa. I then scrub every inch of my body clean and repeats 3 more times. Once done I turn the water off, wrap a towel around my body, and step out the shower. I dry the steam off the mirror and start my daily hygiene.

I walk into the "guest" closet and begin to pick out my outfit. The room might as well be called mine since I'm the only one that uses it. My sister hardly has guest because she's not really a people person. I've basically moved into the room. I pull out a Batman tee and beanie, black faux fur lined leggings, and black Dr. Martens 1460s. After putting lotion on I change into the outfit. I spray a cloud of PINK Fresh & Clean perfume and do a double spin in it. I fill my black lock satchel purse with my personal belongings before making my way downstairs. I walk into the kitchen where I find my sister eating breakfast. I take the seat across from her and proceed to eat the food my sisters' chef has prepared.

"Good morning, Deione." Brianna says without looking up from her phone.

"Good morning." I say checking my phone.

"How'd you sleep?" Brianna asks with a mouth full of food.

"Aight. It'd be nice if you'd get a more comfortable bed in your guest room." I say taking a drink of my orange juice.

"Why would I do that?" Brianna asks looking up.

"You have me over here a lot. Might as well get me a more comfortable bed for MY room." I laugh.

"Don't start claiming rooms in my house." Brianna laughs. "Only person that can possible claim a room in my house is Carter ugly ass." She adds.

"That's cold there. I'm your sister!" I say surprised.

"You have your own place." She says.

"So does his ass." I argue. Let's just says I don't too much like him.

"Salty or nah?" She asks.

"Nope." I say. "You just know how I feel about him." I add.

"You don't have to keep reminding me." She says rolling her eyes.

"It's not that I don't like him. It's just something about him that's grimy. It's like some in his eyes that don't sit right with me." I say. "You know I'm good at judging people." I add.

"Oh really?" She asks. "You sure about that?" She adds.

"You really gonna bring that up?" I ask looking at her like she's crazy.

"I'd appreciate it if you keep your comments to yourself cause your track record isn't too clean." She says .

"Fuck you, Bri." I say getting out my seat. "That's some straight bullshit that you would throw that in my face over some fuck nigga that's just gonna break your damn heart!" I add leaving the room. I storm out the house and get into her car.

"Good morning, Ms. Taylor." Nick, Brianna's bodyguard and driver, says.

"Not really but good morning to you too." I say.

"The Carter convo again?" He asks.

"Yup." I say dryly.

   Nick has been around since my sister got more and more into her career. She's a lawyer. So, he knows a lot about our family. With the people she defends, she needs about 10 body guards. She ranges from murderers to celebrities. Carter was one of her clients. He's a rapper. A good one, I might add, but don't mention to him that I said that.