Chapter 2: New Dancers

Gianna's POV
When I get home, I think over the events of today. I still can't believe how everything went down. I can't help asking myself; what changed?

Abby used to be so nice. She used to get excited with any first place. She used to be a role model. What changed? All I know, is that Abby changed, and not for the better. Abby used to be my inspiration, the reason I'm working at her studio. What happened? I really don't know.

Nia's POV
"So what exactly happened again Nia?" Mom asked me once I got home.

"Abby hurt everyone," I said.

Gianna's POV
Abby appeared in court, and basically she isn't allow around children, and therefore, she isn't allow to own her studio. Guess who's shoulders that job falls on now. That's right, mine. I'm so stressed out about it.

Melissa's POV
I was talking to Kelly, and I think she wants to come back, but I don't know. Nothing is certain.

~

I'm working at the front desk on our first day back when the door opens. A woman and two girls walk in.

The woman is tall with short blond hair and blue eyes.

The child who looks older looks about 9. She is short, with brown hair and blue eyes.

The younger child looks to be 7. She is short and skinny. She has blond hair and blue eyes.

"Hi,can I help you?" I ask.

"Yes, actually. We'd like to sign up for dance, and we want to do competition," the woman said.

"I can sign you up for classes right now, but you'll have to talk to the owner about competition. If you can just sign these papers...," I said.

I signed the kids up for classes. It turns out that their mom's name is Robin. The older girl's name is Piper, and the younger one's name is Willow. I got the ages right.

"Gia!" I called.

G came out of studio A.

"Robin this is Gianna, the owner our our studio, the ALDC. Gianna, these girls are interested in doing competitions," I said.

"Do you have your dance clothes with you?" Gia asked the girls.

They nodded.

"Go get changed and I will audition you. I'll show you the restrooms," G said.

"I'll show you were you can sit and wait," I said.

I brought Robin up to the viewing area.

"Moms, this is Robin. Don't scare her away," I said, before returning to the front desk.

~

"There in," G said to me.

I nodded.

The front door of the studio opened, and Christi and Chloe walked in.

"We want to come back," Christi said.

"I'm assuming you know," I said.

"Yeah, " Christi said.

I signed her up for classes and G put Chloe back on the team.

The front door opened again. It's busy here today. Kelly and her kids walk in the door.

"We want to come back," Brooke said.

The same thing that happened with Chloe happened with the Hylands.

~

Piper's POV
Today is my first day at our new studio.

My family moved to Pittsburg because my dad's job caused us to move.

I went into the studio.

"Who are you?" A girl asked.

"Kenzie! That's rude!" Another exclaimed.

"My name Piper, and this is my sister Willow. We are on the Jr elite competition team. I'm nine and she's 7," I said.

The other girls nodded.

A girl walked up to me, and offered her hand out for me to shake.

"I'm Jojo. I hope we can be friends," she said.

"I'd love to be your friend. I don't have any friends here yet," I said.

"Alright ladies, let's get started," Gianna called.

We went into the studio.

"Moms, I'm assuming you've met. Chloe, Brooke and Paige, this is Jojo. Everyone, this is Willow and Piper. Things are changing here. What do you guys notice?" Gia asked.

Kenzie raised her hand.

"Kenzie?" Gia asked.

"Their's no pyramid," Kenzie said.

What's pyramid?

"Right. A few other things that have changed. We are now the ALDC and we will compete every second week. This week we are trying something a little different. You will be doing duets. I will give you a song, but you have to choreograph the dance. I will look over. The partners are Willow and Kenzie, Piper and Jojo, Kendall and Maddie, Nia and Chloe and Paige and Kalani. Brooke, you have a solo called Wildest Dreams. The group dance is called Are You Happy Now? Moms, you are dismissed. Girls, let's go," G said.