Chapter 4

Kayla POV
I woke up this morning and rolled over attempting to turn my alarm clock off. When I finally turned it off I rubbed my eyes and hopped out of bed. I was a Sunday so I didn't have to work. I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. After a 30 minute shower I brushed my teeth and made my way to my mom's room. I knocked on the door and saw her sleep looking sick as ever. A tear started to fall and I quickly wiped it and shut the door. I waked back to my room and picked up the phone. I dialed my brothers number and put the phone to my ear. "Hello" he said angrily  into the phone. I swallowed the lump in my throat and opened my mouth to talk. "Hey Jacob" "What do you want Kayla" he said sharply. "Listen. Mama has a illness and the doctor said she ain't got long. I just wanted to let you know". I said as my voice started to crack. "Meet me at the Starbucks in 20 " . He said then hung up the phone.
I when to my outfit in my closet and did my hair. I put on a Adidas sweat suit and left my hair curly. I matched it with my top tens and some gold hoops. After 10 minutes of driving I pulled up to the Starbucks. I walked through the door and skimmed the area until my eyes meet with my brother. I haven't seen him in ages and he sure has glowed up. I walked to the table he was seated at and took a seat. I ordered a cup of hot chocolate and relaxed in my seat preparing my self for a intense conversation. "Hello" I said softly not daring to make eye contact. "Look Kayla I just wanted to meet and settle arranges for what's going to happen when my mom is gone" Sighing I already knew I was going to get the cold shoulder. "Listen Jacob I don't want to jump into this when we have some much to talk about. You never let me explain what happened back then." I said feeling the tears burn at the back of my eyes. "You have 5 minutes " Smiling small I prepared my self to go 10 years into the past. "Our father was very a drunk and very abusive. He would hit me, you , and mom. Now you didn't know this but he would rape me. For days mom saved money to get us away. She gathered enough money to have us go but when we made it to the train station it wasn't enough money. At the time mom thought it was best to get me away because of my age and the circumstances we were living under. We never meant to hurt you." He chucked and I could tell that he was getting angry. "You will not try to make it seem like yall was the fucking good guys. Yall left me high and fucking dry. I got beat and cursed out multiple times and my own damn mother wasn't there for me. You probably was relieved and to self absorbed to think about your fucking brother. I will always resent you and never forgive you. We can speak through a third party about funeral arrangements because I can't deal." He got up and stormed out of the restaurant leaving me lost in my thoughts.

Kayla in Media