Chapter 17: Down Time

I sighed as we finally got the kids to sleep. Loki had put a dome of protection around the house, so we could relax for a little while.

"Ready for bed?", Sambar asked.

"Yeah," I said. He picked me up and led me upstairs. I saw Loki waiting in bed, reading a book with his sexy glasses on.

"Hey, baby," I said as I kissed him.

"Hey," he said. I felt Sambar behind me rubbing on my back. I turned around and kissed him. He started kissing me harder and I pulled away.

"No sex tonight. I'm exhausted," I said

"Okay babe, whatever you want," he said. I laid back down in bed and cuddled up to Sambar.

I heard Loki shut off the night lamp.

"Goodnight," I said to him.

"Good night, baby," Loki said. I cuddled further into Sambar and fell asleep.

When I woke up Sambar was out of bed and it was just Loki and I. I tilted my head up and gave him a peck on the lips. He opened his eyes slightly.

"Good morning babe," he said huskily.

"Are we still getting the DNA test today?", I asked.

"Yeah," Loki said as he softly stroked my side. I shivered slightly.

"You want me, baby?", Loki asked. I nodded my head. He patted his lap. I straddled his waist and pulled his pants down. Loki pulled my panties to the side and thrusted into me.

After we were done I was panting heavily. We got up and showered then went downstairs. I was surprised to see the kids were eating breakfast.

I saw Sambar in the kitchen, cooking.

"You cooked," I said surprised.

"Yeah," he said. I leaned up to kiss his lips, but he turned his face away. So I ended up kissing his cheek.

"What's wrong?", I asked.

"Nothing. Just go sit at the table. I'll have your breakfast ready soon," Sambar said.

"Sambar j-

"Gwen please. I just need a few minutes to myself," Sambar said. I nodded. I sat at the table with the kids.

"Good Morning," I said.

"Good morning mama," they chorused.

"Audri, Lola are you feeling okay? Do you need any medicine?", I asked. They shook their heads.

"Can I talk to y'all?", I asked. They nodded and we went into one of the downstairs rooms.

"Are you guys feeling okay?", I asked. They busted out crying. I went over and hugged them.

"I'm so sorry," I said.

"I feel so dirty and cheap," Lola said.

"Baby your not. You can't control that he did those things to you. What he did to you guys was wrong and neither of you deserved it," I said.

"I still feel his touch on me," Audrianna said.

"I'm sorry that this happened, but with time it will get better," I said as I kissed his forehead.

"How do we know this won't happen again?", Lola asked.

''It won't. He's dead and long gone. He can't hurt you anymore," I said. I wiped their tears and kissed their foreheads.

"Would you guys feel better if you stayed home today?", I asked. They nodded.

"Okay. You can finish your breakfast or go back upstairs. And if you need anything, anything, just yell my name. And I'll be right there," I said.

"Can Audri and I share a room?", Lola asked.

"If that's what you want. I'll get your dad to move it, but for now you can use the pull out mattress in your room, if you want," I said. They nodded and left out.

I went downstairs and saw the boys with their backpacks.

"I'm going to drive them down. But don't worry pack warriors will be with them. Also I have to help the newbies with combat, so I won't be home for a few hours," Loki said.

"Well okay, so when are we going to get the DNA tes-

"Don't worry about it, I don't care anymore," Sambar said.

"Okay then. I'll see you later, Loki. I love you," I said.

"I love you too," Loki said as he kissed me and left out with the boys.

"What is your problem?", I asked Sambar.

"I don't know what your talking about. It seems like your the one with the problem," Sambar said as he sipped a beer.

"Your not supposed to be drinking," I said as I tried to take it out his hands.

"Stop!", Sambar yelled.

"You don't need to be drinking," I said.

"Don't tell me what the fuck I need to do!", Sambar yelled.

" Stop yelling your going to scare Audri and Lola," I said. His eyes softened.

"Fine, but it's just one beer it's not a big deal," Sambar said.

"Yes it is. You only drink when somethings bothering you," I said.

"It's nothing. I'll get over it," Sambar said.

"Sambar w-

"How's the baby doing?", Sambar asked as he rubbed my stomach.

"Good, but she wants her daddy to stop drinking," I said. Sambar sighed. He got up and poured the beer down the drain.

"Is the baby happy now?", Sambar asked.

"Yes, she's very happy," I said.

"Good, I love you baby girl," he said as he kissed my tummy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think?