My feelings

In my opinion, racism isn't something to be taken lightly. It's something that is horrible and is causing war, discomfort, and danger all over the world. But, at the same time we can and can't blame ourselves. Not to bring too much attention to the African/African-American race but they were invaded by the white man. They were taken by the white man. They're enslaved ny the white man. But, they were also enslaved by their own kind. Of course, that was after the white man invaded but, the fact that white men enslaved Africans is aside from the fact now. Try to bring your self back to this time. After white men or should I say "newcomers" came and enslaved Africans now that's all said and done. You can't control it. But, then African people started enslaving and killing their own kind. Some newcomers forced them to do it. But, others did it for their own well being and for wealth. I'm not sure if that was an example of racism though... So that tells me I'm getting off track so back to what I was saying. The newcomers came and enslaved the Africans for wealth and help around the plantation right? Ok. So then slavery got abolished in 18 something. Sorry my social studies class hasn't really touched on this topic enough for me to fully understand but anyways. It got abolished and then some years later it basically happens again but without the trouble of traveling by sea. White people decided to totally and completely outcast African-Americans. They treated them as if they were inhuman. I just want to now. Do we bleed the same blood? Were we all born by a mother? Do we all have the need to be loved and to feel love? The answer to all those questions is yes. There are other races that have gone through this same thing to some extent. So let me give you a scenario. There's a little mixed girl walking with her mother on her first day of school and her teacher says to the little girl "Your hair is so long and beautiful. What are you?" And maybe she doesn't have the intention to be rude but, the question what are you is mind boggling. The answer would have to be: Well, I'm a human. That is the answer. Simply forgetting about color and seeing the person for who they are. I am a human.