Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"I took the liberty of planning our next Tour last night.", I heard a voice say. I groaned loudly as the curtains were abruptly yanked open. For a moment, I really regretted having given him a key to my apartment. Though back then I hadn't really known about the random alarm clock he'd play on some mornings.

I propped myself up on my elbows, before opening my eyes just a crack, watching the thin silhouette by the window. By my blurry vision, courtesy to the abruptly opened curtains, and the glowing sun drifting in through the window, you would have thought there was an angel standing there. I grinned, knowing better, than to compare him to an angel. He was a bit short of being the devil.

I blinked a couple if times, letting my sensitive eyes get accustomed to the sudden light change. A quick glance to my bedside table on the right revealed the time. Nine pm, Friday morning. I let myself fall back into my bed, relishing the feel of the warm silk wrapped around me. Still something I could never quite get used to.

Wrapping my silk sheets around my torso, before I stood on my bed, with shaky legs. Dressed in my makeshift dress I slowly made my way over to my walk in closet, leaving the door open without a care. The soft silk sheets drifted down my body as I released my hold on it. That was mainly the only reason I slept naked. I closed my eyes to concentrate on the swift sensation before I turned to my underwear drawer, skimming through the sets I had there. I picked up a black set, taking my time putting on the bra and thong. The day I'd show a panty line was nowhere near, if I could help it.

"I could have helped, ya know?", I muttered quietly, picking up my custom dark blue skinny jeans and black top. He heard me nonetheless. I pulled up my jeans, slipping a black leather belt through the loops, though I wasn't in need of one.

"I know, Rob. I just wanted to leave you some time to relax, I mean- I know what day it was yesterd-", He stopped immediately as I stood before him in a flash, glaring numbly at him. "Sorry Rob. I didn't think for a moment.."

"It's fine Black." I told him, easily recovering from my temper just then. He wasn't fazed by my anger, though I could see he regretted bringing it up. I sighed quietly. "Just.. Just don't mention it, alright?"

He nodded quietly, turning back to the window to study the city as I went back to my closet, slipping on my top. I pulled on my black vans, not even bothering with socks. Last night was my sisters birthday. He knew, though he barely brought it up. On those occasions, I wouldn't have minded if someone would rip him to shreds.

"Is it that time of the month again?", I asked him. Admittedly, it's been a while since we'd been active in our business. Though we had enough supplies to last up until now.

"Yeah. 't is if you wanna stay in business.", He grumbled in reply, stepping away from the window to walk into the kitchen. He opened my fridge, pulling out two bottles of red. I took one from his hand, studying the label less glass bottle, before twisting open the sealed metal tab to take a long needed drink. "Mh. Grade A blood."

I chuckled in reply. In the beginning, I'd always asked him why the blood wasn't stored in plastic bottles. Back then, I'd earned a stern look from him. Of course plastic would interfere with the pure taste, changing it. Suddenly, glass bottles didn't seem so wrong to me. I took another drink letting the coppery taste trickle down my throat as I swallowed. It really was grade A blood. The best on the market. The best money could buy.

I was torn from my thoughts as he pulled some crinkled folded papers out of the inner pocket of his leather coat. I took them from him as he offered them to me. Unfolding them on the counter top to study. He stepped up next to me. I let my fingers graze over the clubs layout, also studying the small notes scribbled on the sides.

"How many?", I asked before drinking some more from my bottle. I studied the layout, not even questioning where he'd gotten them from. Most clubs had at least one female, who had access to the kind of information we needed. No doubt whoever this poor girl was, she'd gotten a visit from the charming Mr Black.

"I was thinking about four. The demand for them went down a bit about a week or so ago.", He stated. "Even though the demand is low now, I say we still go on with it. I didn't work this hard to make a name for us in the blood market just to get pushed out of business now."

"Sounds good.", I told him, nodding. He'd really worked hard to make a name for us. I thought about his words for a moment. We'd been in the blood market for six years now. Back then, he'd handled a starting blood business, whilst teaching me more about our vampire culture. "Tonight?"

He nodded in reply. Black sauntered over to my open living room. Placing his half empty bottle on the living room table, he took off his coat, throwing it over the back of my leather couch before he sat down and turned on the TV switching through the channels to CNN. He leaned back, propping his feet up on my coffee table as he relaxed into the couch, watching the news.

I took the time to study him. I hadn't seen him in about a week, though not much had changed. He still wore that horrible leather coat in which I'd met him ten years ago. He hadn't aged either, though neither had I. I wondered then, what would he or I look like today if we'd aged normally. I'd have crossed over to my late twenties already. Though I didn't know how long he'd been a vampire before we met and he took me in, I guessed he wouldn't be short of an old man in his eighties by now.

I shook my head slightly, a small smile gracing my perfect features as I went back to study him. His build was slim, though he was in no way a weak little twig. His black shirt hugged his torso tightly, leaving no ridge of the muscle, no dip in his flesh to the imagination. His jeans were a deep, almost black color. His shoes, impeccable black leather, fitted nicely to him. My eyes wandered back to his head. His hair was a dark black, as dark as a starless night sky. He kept them shaggy, perfecting his bed hair style. His features were sharp, though they fit perfectly to him. He frowned suddenly, turning his head in my direction.

"Could you stop staring?", He asked, a mischievous smirk suddenly appearing on his lips. "I know I'm a god."

"Pffsh. You wish, you arrogant little bum.", I countered, smiling as his brown eyes lit up. He thoroughly enjoyed my company.

He finished his bottle, bringing it over to my kitchen sink before he strode back to the couch. He switched the TV off, throwing the remote onto the couch before picking up his coat. He pulled it on in one swift motion before walking over to my door. Nodding goodbye, he smiled shortly, before he opened it to disappear. I swallowed the last of my bottle, leaving it empty next to the papers. I moved to the couch, taking the remote to place it on the table before walking into my bathroom.

I stared at myself in the mirror, studying my dark green eyes before I picked up my hairbrush. I smiled softly as I brushed my dark brown hair, loving the feel of the hairbrush flowing through my hair. Placing my brush back on the counter, I picked up my tooth brush to brush my teeth. Despite being a vampire, I still practiced my usual old habits just the same. I stared at myself in the mirror for a while, whilst brushing my teeth. Now, I didn't really regret being a vampire. Though I envied the humans with their simple lives and silly problems. A small groan escaped me as I remembered the night I was almost killed. The night I was saved by Marius Black. I rinsed my mouth out with a bit of water, before cleaning the tooth brush and placing it back in the glass on the counter.

Back in my kitchen, I studied the papers for a while. Placing my empty bottle next to his by the sink, before I smiled slightly. We were back in business. I turned back to the papers he'd given me. Looking through them, I found the address and time he'd written down.

Ten pm, The Hot Spot.