Fear

Maine was eating while watching SPS.

Since Sunday is her self-proclaimed family/rest day, she took the liberty of waking up at around ten-thirty and ate brunch. Tapos nag-late lunch na lang siya, which was why she was eating in the living room. And watching SPS.

Bad idea.

Hindi naman talaga siya mabagal kumain, but... kasalanan talaga ni RJ. Lecheng production number. Ilang beses siyang nabilaukan.

"Oh, ano, ate? Ganda ng biceps ni Kuya Alden, 'no? Tsaka ng pwet niya?"

Dean was her only company for the day, and Maine was still yet to decide if this is a fortunate or unfortunate thing.

"Alam ko," was her answer, though let's not point out her reddening face. "Dean, umamin ka nga? Bakla ka ba? Bakit pati biceps at pwet ni Alden napapansin mo?"

"Eh ikaw eh, hindi mo pa masabi eh. Ikakamatay mo na lang 'yan. The great and phenomenal Maine Mendoza dies by choking, napaka anti-climactic."

If that happens, kasalanan ni RJ. People will know. "Shut up. Manood ka na lang."

And so, they continued watching. Maine had to bite the insides of her cheeks before Jerald announced that they have a visitor coming—obviously, he was expecting for her to come. Kahit kailan ka talaga, RJ. Pero sorry, hindi muna ngayon. Kailangan mo muna akong ma-miss, baka magsawa ka na sa'kin.

"... best supporting actress!"

"Well deserved naman, well deserved."

Maine grinned. She knew what he was doing, and though he wouldn't hear it, she whispered her gratitude in the air.

Then nung mga bandang laglagan na, tuwang-tuwa na naman si Maine. Paano, pagnaha-hot seat si Tisoy mahahalata mong kinakabahan siya.

"Anong amoy ng lipstick niya?"

"HAHAHAHAHA!" That was Dean. Maine had to shut him up with a look before she focused back on the screen. Times like this she wanted to join in the teasing—if only she wouldn't be seaten on the hotseat herself.

Alden smiled in a tantanan-mo-ko-wag-kang-ano way, playfully shoving Jerald. "Wala ka na 'dun," and Maine found herself nodding alongside this.

"Ate, pwede real talk?"

"Ano?"

"Nahalikan ka na ba ni Kuya Alden?"

Maine's face reddened once again and she averted her gaze, concentrating on the screen. Halatang kinakabahan si Alden dahil nag joined forces ang dalawa niyang kaibigan na panay ang pahiwatig. "Daig mo pa talaga babae. Ang chismosa mo."

"Sagutin mo na lang kasi 'yung tanong."

The actress stuck her tongue out. "Wala ka na 'dun."

She had a great time laughing at Sam and Jerald's subtle revelations and teasing, and sometimes Dean would turn to her to tease her too but she just replies by throwing a pillow and he'll shut up (for the record: Maine's quite good at throwing things. Literally and figuratively.)

"Mula sa pinakaespesyal na babae sa buhay mo."

At Kuya Jose's words, Maine was torn between being giddy and wanting to puke. Ang cheesy eh. Pero, sige na nga.

Seeing her face on TV was still a strange sensation, but thankfully she was able to record it without anyone else watching, unlike her message back at EB. She had to write that one and rehearse it on the mirror several times.