Ape

Amber

So as soon as I get comfortable my partner leaves, great! I guess I got spare time. I took out my phone and responded to previous messages. "So how you like Dillyn?" Crystal asked. Crystal is my best friend.

"I barely got to talk to him. He had a meeting or whatever." I rolled my eyes. "Where's your partner?" I questioned. "I left he was boring me" she giggled. "Doesn't matter anyway if that Bill actually does go through he's gonna be right with us" she said looking down. "You think he would really sign it?" I asked. "Of course. The president is white and a republican. The only other black person he probably knows is Obama. And that's only because that was the person spot he took" She said. I didn't respond. The bell rang like it usually does on a Monday schedule and I went to my second block.

I breezed through my classes and lunch was finally here. I looked around. I knew Dillyn had my lunch. Maybe I could talk to him. Of course I didn't see him.

"Who you looking for girl?" Crystal asked taking a seat beside me. "Ummm, Dillyn. Have you seen him?" "He's probably with that dumb bitch Julia." Crystal and I both laughed. There is so many things we know about Julia. So many niggas have turned her inside out. I wouldn't be surprised if that boy David or whatever his name is fucked her also.

"At least y'all don't have Julio, the want to be gangster" Sierra another great friend of mine, sighed taking a seat across from me. Soon Sierra and Crystal boyfriends came and sat beside them leaving me to myself.

The rest of the school day was a breeze. I got home and did my chores, ate, and took a shower. Lastly, my homework was left. Bore I got situated my mom walked in "Amber I'm going tonight to pick up a few hours. Make sure you check on your sister, she's in the shower. And please have her in bed by nine. nine-thirty at the latest. Love you. see you in the morning" She instructed just before leaving out. My step dad arose from his locked bedroom and came to my room.

"Ya mama gone yet?" he asked. "Yeah. Just now" I answered pulling my laptop out my bag. "Did she cook me something to eat?" he said scratch his his back."Check the microwave." I refused to make eye contact with him. "Mhmm. Come to my room when you finish yo homework" he said then left.

Shit. I hate when he says that. I plugged my headphones into my phone and the buds in my ear. I admittedly went to PartyNextDoor , so I could focus.

Science, Math, and history all was finished. I reviewed the rubric and sighed. "Ding! Ding!" I looked down at my phone and saw Dillyn calling.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey. Umm. I know it's nine is it to late to be calling?" he asked. Did he really ask that?

"Nah, you good." I reassured.

"Good. Tomorrow after school you think you could come over so we could get this project started?" he asked.

"I'll have to check with my mom tomorrow but that doesn't sound like a problem" I said.

"Cool. I'll let you go your probably about to go to bed." he spoke.

"Thanks. Night" I concluded hanging up the phone.

"Amber!" my little sister yelled. I leaped out the bed and ran to the bathroom.

"You okay?" I asked scanning the bathroom.

"Yes. I'm finished." she yawned waiting for me to get her out the bath.

I grabbed a towel and helped her out the bath. I drained the water out and told her to go in her room to put on her pajamas. I'll wash the tub out later.