Unconditionally

"Wait, what?" Alyssa said, shuffling in her seat next to Steph who sat completely still. "You're what?"

"I'm pregnant.." Sheri says lowly. It's silent for a bit until Steph breaks the silence.

"Well, can someone fill me in as to why this is bad?" Steph asks, looking at the two look at each other with very serious, worried looks. 

"It's not that it's bad, but.."

"It kind of seems like it?"

"I'm just not sure Klay is in the position to be a dad. I don't think he's ready, and I honestly don't think I am either."

"How did this happen?"

"Idk, we're usually careful." Sheri shakes her head, a bit frustrated at herself. "I knew I should've gotten myself on something to protect myself. We just got carried away and it totally slipped my mind that things happened the way it did."

"Are you sure you're pregnant?" Alyssa asks, moving from her position next to Steph to cuddle up against her bestfriend and comfort her. 

"Well I took two tests. I have yet to go to the doctor's but I was hoping you could come with me tomorrow."

"Yeah, I can."

"Are you gonna tell Klay?" Steph butts in, still trying to put the pieces together. 

"I don't know, maybe after I find out for sure?"

"You don't know? Sheri, you have to tell him."

"I know, I'm just scared."

"Why? Klay's not gonna do anything. It does takes two to tango.. you know what I'm sayin'?" Steph says wiggling his eyebrows to lighten up the mood a bit. Sheri chuckles softly before she looks back down at her hands and nods.

"I just don't want to scare him away or I don't know. I really don't know."

"Nah, you'll be okay. I know him. He's got a good heart."

-

"What do you mean Klay is after you?" Alyssa said, pushing her grocery cart around Target. She only really needed a couple of groceries but of course. When you go to target, you come out with more than you expect.

"Babe, he knows that I know something's up with Sheri!" He said, breathing a bit hard from quickly walking around the practice facility to avoid Klay.

"Well who's fault is that?"

"I didn't even say anything! I just said that Sheri was over last night but she never mentioned anything to me about what she's going through."

"You already said too much when you let him know she was over, bighead."

"What am I supposed to do?"

"Go by your story? Cause apparently you don't know anything. So act like you don't."

"It's hard, man. That's my brother right there. I can't keep him hangin'."

"Would you relax? You act like Sheri isn't gonna tell him after her appointment."

"I feel like she wouldn't."

"I'll make sure she does so she doesn't feel like she's in this alone."

"I gotta go." He whispers.

"Why are you whispering, Wardell?"

"Don't Wardell  me right now, Alyssa! Your best friend aint the one comin' after you!"