I Got You

This morning, Alyssa woke up groggy as hell. She continuously checked her phone to see if Stephen had texted back from last night.

He didn't.

She damn near stayed up thinking he'd respond, but he didnt. And she's sure he's read it. Part of her thought that he might've needed time to get over the game and that he was just taking time to himself. But the other part of her worried that he was over everything. That he was done. And that he was probably fuckin' around with some other chick already.

It tore her heart to pieces, to be real. She couldnt seem to focus on the things she needed to focus on. And even if she was around good company at this 'lil kickback at Draymond's, she couldn't get her head in the right place to enjoy it all.

"Hello? Earth to Alyssa?" McAdoo waved his hand in front of Alyssa's face.

"Sorry." She shook her head, trying to revert her attention back to the company in front of her.

"It's cool. But, as I was saying. I went into Target the other day looking for that Nivea Men's aftershave you used as a primer in one of your videos and bruh, that shit does work magic."

"How the hell you even know what a primer is?" Ian asked, sitting next to him, making Mac smack his lips.

"Man, are you dumb?" Mac says as he pushes Ian. "Maybe if you watched Alyssa's videos, you'd know."

"Why, you tryna figure out how to fix that face of yours?" Ian fires back, laughing. Mac immediately pretends to square up with the boy, hoping he'd intimidate him somehow.

"Square up then! Shit." After mugging the shit out of Ian, Mac returns his attention to Alyssa, who's still fiddling with her phone. "You alright, Lyss?"

"Huh?" She looks up, her head still rested on the palm of her hand. "Oh. Yeah. I think so."

"Damn man, Steph got you buggin'.."

"He still didn't answer my text."

"He's just taking time to himself. He was pretty upset after the game and when Steph's upset with himself, he don't really like to let people know that. So he keeps to himself."

"Yeah, and he didn't even wanna come through today. Said he just wanted to chill after the game." Ian chimes in as he stuffs his face with food.

"Ya'll givin' her a headache over here?" HB says, placing his plate down on the table. The rest of the team was either drinking & playing pool or playing 2k.

"No, we're just talking to her about Steph." HB nods.

"Yeah, he'll be cool. He gets pretty hard on himself so just give it a day or two to let him get over it."

"Actually, Mac was tryna get advice on primers and makeup." Ian says, eyeing Mac with a creepy ass smirk.

"What??" HB says, laughing.

"Oh my god." Mac says in frustration. "We were not, were we Alyssa?" Alyssa chuckles at the two getting into it.

"No."

"Exactly. You play too much." He pushes Ian again. "Play me in 2k, so I could shut your ass up." The two get up and continue to argue as they walk over to the playstation area. HB looks up from his plate, only to see Alyssa back on her phone.

"You don't wanna talk to me?" He chuckles.

"Sorry, Barnes. I'm just pretty bummed." She pouts.

"Come on, pretty lady. Keep your head up. Nothing's your fault."

"I know."

"Then why be upset over nothing? He'll come around. He gave you the time you needed, so just give him his time."