Chapter 1

"Girls, tomorrow is the first day of the rest of our lives! This is going to be amazing" I say

"College, I mean come on, us 4 going to college together, this is going to be the time of our lives!" Haley says excitedly.

"Tomorrow we'll be walking to our dorm rooms, exploring the campus, meeting new people!" Carol adds on.

"And the best part? Well be spending this amazing 4 years together!" Alexa says.

I turn on my iPhone to check the time. 1:22 a.m

"Guys it's one am, we need to get to bed."

Haley gets up and turns off the light.

We get into our sleeping bags and start our good night's.

"Good night Madison!" Haley says.

"Goodnight Haley!" I say back.

"Good night Carol!" Alexa yells.

"Goodnight Alexa!" Carol yells back laughing.

"Goodnight Maddie!" Carol whispers.

"Ok everyone goodnight!" I say starting to get annoyed.

"Goodnight!" Everyone says in unison.

I giggle as I drift into a deep slumber.

***

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock beeping. I hit the top and it stops.

I see that my friends are still asleep so I quickly and quietly walk into the kitchen. I grab a jumbo cup and put a few ine cubes in it and ice cold water. I slowly creep back into my room and throw the water in the middle of Haley and Alexa so that it hits all 3 girls.

"WAKE UP!!!" I yell immediately after, jumping around all off them.

Haley screams, Carol jumps up and Alexa starts yelling at me as I'm bent over laughing so hard that cant breath.

"So not cool Madison!!"

"Maybe not but you should've seen all your faces!" I say still doubled over laughing.

"Oh that reminds me... WE LEAVE IN AN HOUR!!" I yell.

"We're going to college, we're going to college, we're going to college!" Alexa starts chanting.

We all start in after a few times until there's a loud chant coming from my room and my mom yells for us to shut up.

We all freeze for a moment then we burst into laughter.

***

"This is it!" Haley says.

"Goodbye Tampa!!" Alexa says getting sentimental.

We all free for a moment until I break the silence.

"Time for a picture!!" I squeal

I pull my polaroid camera out of my back pack and we all huddle together.

"Ok 1 2 3 smile!!" I say and I take the picture, I grab the picture from the top and get into the car with Haley Carol and Alexa.

"Watch out University Of California, here we come."