Short Story #1

As a little boy, Joie was quiet and timid, afraid to step out and show his light to the world. He had but one friend, Carlisle, known as Carl. He was a bit of an extrovert and dragged poor Joie into so many crowds. Joie eventually got to the point when he had panic attacks every time attention was centered on him. His mother sent him to several therapists, and none of them had any idea what was wrong with him other than severe anxiety.

When he was a young adult, he started having seizures when in a crowd. He was sent to so many doctors. Eventually, an expert diagnosed him with epilepsy. Since it was common disease, no one sympathized with him.

He met a girl during a field trip in his junior year. She was a beautiful soul and face. He found within weeks that he was falling for her. He couldn't get enough if her. After a few years of dating, he proposed, and she accepted. They were engaged for six months before their white wedding. She got pregnant soon after, and they were both overjoyed.

During her third trimester, she started experiencing problems with her optic nerve, and she went blind within a month. She never told him, though- he had his own diseases to worry for.

She attempted to drive to work one morning. They did the everyday routine for goodbye- a kiss and a hug before departure. But he noticed that she hugged him especially tight, with shaking arms. He was confused beyond words, but didn't question her. They exchanged 'I love you's and said goodbye.

She went into labor while she was driving. She attempted to hold herself together, but the pain was unbearable. That pain made her eyes worsen, and she attempted to pull over- but she broke the railing on the side of a cliff. The car rolled down the mountain for at least a mile before the car came to an abrupt halt.
Paramedics reached her just before she died. They immediately attempted to rescue the unborn child. At first, it seemed like he wasn't going to make it, but he pulled through.
When Joie received the news, he almost collapsed. His body started spasming, but when he saw his son, his heart calmed. He held his son close, tears flowing down his cheeks.

Not all stories have good endings...