Chapter One

Shyrsari, a beautiful utopia under the rule of Gelvil, is like a place only small children can imagine in their dreams. From a distance, it has the look of a rainforest but past the leaves and twigs is a home for elves. All the houses of the common people are simple cottages, or at least they look like that on the outside.

On the inside they have delicately crafted sculptures and pictures to decorate their homes. Elves are very talented in the arts and take pleasure in the elegant things. The females of this city partake of this talent a bit more than the males who take their role as soldiers. The beds that all elves sleep in have sheets made of silk woven from silkworms and wool from sheep to make everything soft and fluffy, almost like laying on a cloud in the sky.

Lady Gelvil's royal family live in something even more high class. Her palace was forged from marble and only the windows in the bed chambers have stained glass with colors of indigo that blend to a light teal with a golden hinge. The walls when walking down the halls were clad with hand made, self portraits of recent kings and queens, wildlife, or just some abstract art done by either Gelvil, Khallil, or a few small children who had shown their work to Gelvil either while she was outside or during a celebration.

There is a path of Lissuin that starts at the palace's doorway that will take whoever follows to the center of Shyrsari. In that same place, a fountain is located. This fountain has grooves on the side that when translated tells of an ancient story, explaining how that very fountain was not only an energy source but the heart of the entire elfen city. Without it, Shyrsari would slowly topple because the sparkling clear water was infused with the magic and auras of every being in the city.

Lady Gelvil would come to this fountain to make sure it was functioning properly and to pay her respects. No one knew who she paid these respects to but no one bothered to ask either. The elves enjoyed watching her pray, it showed one of the delicate sides she possessed but never shows. Gelvil was like a rose, her thorns would hurt those who dared to touch them but when you actually see the petals and the color illuminating off of the sunlight, you'd think the pain you felt was only an illusion of the rose's beauty.

This, beauty, of sorts is looked upon by everyone in the Kingdom, ranging from both young and old. With many admirers both near and far. With her long and beautiful flowing silver hair that reaches to just the back of her ankles. As beautiful as the pale moonlight emitted on the night of a full moon. Her gleaming violet doe eyes that just scream innocence. To in between with her small and cute little button nose and high rosy cheeks. Her small but plump pink lips that spew forth words of wisdom and leadership. Her long and slender throat and her arms that provide motherly warmth and comfort. To her tall but small 5''7 frame that very few women in the kingdom have along with her long and shapely legs that in desperate times provide her with the speed of a cheetah. Her womanly curves that make even the faithful fall to their feet. The ever so graceful and elegant way she walks and carries herself along with her wisdom and confidence that could rival even the greatest of enemies. Their Mother, their Queen, was truly one of a kind.

Another person who fits that description would be Modrin Ealosume. Modrin is a servant under Lady Gelvil but isn't treated as if she were a slave....often.... She is more like a secretary to the queen of elves. Right now, Modrin is on her way to see Gelvil so she can attend to an important matter. Modrin knocked on the large royal purple doors of Gelvil's office. "ENTER!" Gelvil says in a bold tone. Modrin flinches then opens the door, entering inside. Gelvil was sitting on her throne, encrusted with the finest of gems on the rim of it. Modrin walks forward until she is only two feet in front of the throne. She bows and without looking up says, "M'lady, why have you summoned me?" Gelvil looks down at Modrin, still bowing, with a steely gaze and says in a serious tone, "I need you to retrieve Glossien, Modrin. He should be in the Enchanted Gardens behind the palace. Now move along." Gelvil shoos Modrin away.