5. Words On The Page

(Hayley's POV)

I saw it in their eyes. The tears, the sadness, the regret, the fear, the anger, the worry, all of it. I knew what had happened. That was what happened when Caleb died, but Annie and I hugged each other and cried together hearing the news. I had no Annie now.

"Annie...Annie...Annie is with Caleb now, honey," Mommy said. I stared at the floor, tears dripping from my face. I just nodded.

"Do you want to see her?" She asked. I stared at her. I hadn't been able to see Caleb. Annie did, but she broke down in an anxiety attack and fainted afterwards. So, as you can imagine, I wasn't able to. 

Mommy and Daddy let me into the room and I slowly walked in. I saw her there. She looked almost like she was sleeping. I just held her hand and watched her. My tears dripped onto her dark hair and closed brown eyes. "I love you," I whispered, then ran out of the room.

Then Mommy handed me an envelope. "Annie wrote this for you."

I went to a private place and sat opened the envelope.

Hayley,
If you are
reading this, sadly, I died. I can't imagine how it feels to lose two siblings. An only child, huh? Well, now I bet you're being spoiled.
So, Hay Hay, hope you're doing okay. I have a few things to tell you. 1. Live normally! Don't cry and pout around because Caleb and I are gone. We are happy, you deserve to be. Keep doing gymnastics and whatever you want. Stay the same Hayley I know! 2. Keep my room normal. Don't make it a gym or a memorial to me. Keep it the exact way it is and go there when you need me. 3. Keep this letter. When you need me or miss me or are just bored take it out and read it and remember me. And Caleb, too! 
Hayley, you are so amazing and beautiful and I could never want anyone else for my sister and stay happy and amazing. Never forget me. I love you.

~Annie