Chapter 5

A.N. The update for Chapter 3 is just me fixing the party thing that I was going to put in there but never did anything about. It's basically just a sentence added saying that Lukas told Carver that Benji is still healing and they will move the party to another day and he will explain the events of Benji's taking, to him 'tomorrow' which is this chapter. Also, Micah Truitt as CARVER!! Anyways, ENJOY! :)

Carver 

I woke up to someone trying to contact me through the pack link. I look over and it's just pass 6am. Ugh, why? I just wanted a few extra moments to myself where I could be in peace before I have to go through the same shit over and over again.

"I feel like today will be better. I just have a feeling..." Lucif says with a wolfy grin. How can someone be so happy this early in the morning?

I open the pack link to have Dash telling me about a two pack members fighting about a soccer game. One parent thinks the other kids cheated and the other parent thinks they are being sore losers. The have resulted in calling each other ridiculous names and almost started a fist fight before Dash came and broke it up.

I tell Dash that I'm on my way now. I get up from my soft and warm bed and head to the washroom. I take care all of my morning needs and change into my combat boots, gray t-shirt, and black jeans. I go to my kitchen to grab an apple and proceed to where the two parents are fighting.

The two parents take up 2 hours, trying to calm down both parties enough to get to the bottom of the fighting. Then I found a peaceful resolution that was just common sense. Sometimes I just don't understand some people, figuring that out took me a few minutes. But, whatever.

I move on with my day, going on with my daily schedule of things. But all day Lucif is being an antsy motherfucker. I just can't keep still. I'm pretty sure of taken 6 runs already toady and it's only 2:30pm. But, I don't want to go on another run so I decide to go talk with Lukas. I take the outside route, hoping the fresh air will calm down Lucif but it doesn't. He just gets more excited the closer I get to the hospital building. I link Lukas asking which floor he is on but he doesn't answer so I link Dr. Fisher. He tells me the floor and room but he says that Lukas is talking with him about the pack and such so wait until they are finished to talk with them. I agree and start towards the third floor.

Every year this hospital gets bigger and bigger. Adding new extensions on is becoming a yearly tradition for our pack. The entire pack comes together when we do projects like these. The construction workers, architects, hospital staff, pack members that visit. We ask everyone's opinion. When we were doing the children's ward we got all the packs children to help paint it. It looks a little strange but it's the pride and joy of the hospital.

By the time I make it to the third floor Lucif is absolutely losing control. He's growing at me and wanting me to give him control. No way and I giving control when he feels like is about to ripe the hospital apart looking for something.

When the elevator doors open to the third floor I get the aroma of the most delicious thing in the world. The smell of cinnamon mixed with chocolate. My two favorite things.

Lucif is chanting the words that we both know to be true and have been waiting for. For so very long. The ache is finally gone and will be replaced by absolute love.

I race down the hall and make a right, almost slipping in the process. I stop in front of room 311. This is the room where Dr. Fisher told me Lukas is with his son. I can smell Lukas and Rickon and the third scent is of my delicious mate. I don't want to seem like a manic and scare him so I take a few deeps breaths and knock. I don't wait for them to tell me to come in.

For the first time in my entire life I see the person that I am destined to be with. He's beautiful. He is a dirty blonde with olive eyes. I can't see how tall since he's in bed but I imagine him slightly smaller than me. I continue to stare into his warm eyes until I hear Lukas clear his throat.

I take my gaze off of my beautiful to look at Rickon and Lukas. Both of them look at me like I have interrupted something important. That's when I remember what Dr. Fisher told me about before I came up here. Opps.

"It's fine, he's our mate that is all the matter's not them. Just him our absolutely wonderful, gorgeous, pretty, smart, lovely, handsome, mate." Lucif sighs like a preteen girl boasting about her crush.

"Sorry for interrupting. But I-"

"You're my mate?" My beautiful asks me.

"Wait. WHAT?" Luckas and Rickon freak out at the same time.

"Yes I am. We are mates, beautiful. Lucif and I have been waiting for you for a very long time." I tell my beautiful. He blushes a pretty pink when I call him beautiful.

"My name is Benji. It's actually Benjamin but I prefer Benji. And what are mates?" My beautiful Benji asks me.

Rickon smacks the back of Lukas' head. "You went through all that before and you forgot to tell him what exactly mates are?" Rickon stares at Lukas like be just went into a gun fight with a water gun.

"I didn't mean to get anyone in trouble but Rickon said not to interrupt so I didn't want to. I'm so sorry." Beautiful Benji says on the verge of tears. I immediately move closer and wrap my arms around him. He wraps his arms around my neck and his face dives into my neck.

I caress his hair and softly respond with, "It's ok. They are just joking around. Right guys," Both of them nod quickly while verbally agreeing with me, "I'll explain what mates are to you, beautiful. Is that ok?"

He nods softly. "Mates are what humans would call soul mates. In the beginning before you are born the Moon Goddess pairs you with another person. It could be one other person or multiple people. Whoever the Moon Goddess wants for you. This person will be your other half. Forever entwined with love. There are some people who reject their mates for whatever reason. The Moon Goddess than helps the couple to try and rekindle what went wrong the first time. After you accept your mate, you go through the mating process which is marking each other while you have sex. And marking is just biting each other in the neck and our scents become mixed. So if anyone were to come near you they would also smell an Alpha." I finish.

Beautiful Benji moves his face from my neck and pulls away slightly. Gazing into my eyes, he asks, "First my name is just Benji, not beautiful Benji. And second umm, are you going to reject me."

I close the distance between us and press my lips upon his soft ones. Gently, not wanting to harm his bruised lip. I move away as quickly as I kissed him. I feel tingles spread from my lips to my groin. I stare deep into his eyes and whisper, "Never, I will never reject you. And you are so beautiful that I must always remind you how much you mean to me, My Beautiful Benji."

I hear someone clear there throat. We turn around quickly and separate slightly so we are not chest to chest. Rickon is glaring and me while Lukas is giggling while jumping up and down. Well, this is going to be interesting.