Long Island

Laurel

I pulled my sunglasses over my face just as I stepped out of the cab. I wasn't too worried about being recognized here because it wasn't like these people saw me on billboards. As much as I loved being part of one of the oldest and wealthiest families in New York City, it was nice to get away and have some quiet time for myself and not have to worry about ending up on page 6. After all I liked being alone, or at least had gotten used to feeling that way. I made my way through the side walk passing an ice cream vendor and squealing children. It's funny how the noise actually helped me relax. Years in Upper East Side Manhattan will do that to you.

I continued my way to the beach letting my feet navigate the pavement to the beach. I went down to the sand and spread out my blanket and just laid down not bothering to undress. I was a little bit body conscious and there were a few boys that seemed a bit rowdy here. I guess I didn't really have a reason too be body conscious but I didn't really have anything to flaunt either. I was five foot five and a half, very skinny with no curves, and no boobs.I pulled out my headphones and untangled them and plugged them into my iPhone. I played my favorite album at the moment which was Born to Die by Lana Del Rey. I then looked at my unread messages

From Taylor: Hey come over tomorrow at five and we can get ready at my apartment for the party together. Sound good?

I quickly replied

To Taylor: Yeah sounds great!

Although life in the city where I knew no one was hard it was friends like Taylor who made it worthwhile and memorable. Sometimes I still choked on my food thinking Taylor Swift was my best friend.

I relaxed back and watched these two adorable little boys splash around in the ocean. They started to play a little too rough and I got worried for them but soon I saw a man about thirty pick them up as the screamed with joy.

That's what I loved about Long Island. There's so many families here that they don't have much time to pay attention to strangers which made it my perfect get away. I stayed on the beach for a few more hours until the sun was about to set. Then I made my way to my ferry and soon I was back in Manhattan. I took a cab to my penthouse and collapsed on my bed to exhausted to do anything else. I drifted off soon as the rain began to drizzle outside.