Chapter 1

Prologue

 I'm Kaycee Jones and I grew up in the projects. 

My dad abandoned me and my mom when I was four. My mom worked as a janitor by day and stripper by night to support us. Although business was good my mom could never find her way out of Bankhead.                                                                                                        

This is my story starting from how I went from nearly nothing, to having,what seems, it all. 

It all started when I was 15. I had just started my sophomore year in high school . 

_

I was smart and I had the "perfect" plan . Finish high school, go to college have a good job and take care of my mom so she wouldn't have to strip no more.

I loved her, and I was happy for all the things she did for me. It's her boyfriends who were the problem. They love hitting on me, my mom tried her best to protect me from them after an incident that happened where I almost got raped.

As smart as I was (I was set to finish high school at 17) I wasn't ugly. I was pretty . And mama gave me a lot! If you know what I mean. At 15 I could steal a seniors boyfriend if I wanted . I was drop dead gorgeous. I'm not conceited or nothing don't get me wrong. I was 5'5 thick in all the right places. I was what you called slim phat. And I knew it ;) 

But I wasn't into Boys I was focused on school. Then one day it occurred to me , how long it would take for me to reach my goals. 

And the way my mom was looking, she wouldn't last that long. She was losing weight really fast. She was growing old right in front of me .

All her life she's been miserable, she was raped by her father when she was 12 before her mom sold her off for $50 worth of cocaine and a gun.  

She went through hell later in foster care (a lady called child services on the guy who bought her)and ended up having me at 23 years old . Everything was all good and she was in love.

So it seemed, then when I turned 4 my dad left. 

But it's all good. We don't need him . We're doing fine on our own. My mom tries her hardest with me because she wants to do better than her mom and my dad. She's proud of me, and keeps me focus on my plan. She's my rock. She's sick, me and her both know but never speaks about it.

I had to do something fast she was all I had left.  

So I chose on the next option. 

That's when I was introduced to the REAL world.